Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

There is indeed a problem with AFR. For example, if you go to the TV settings while watching content, then when you re-sync, instead of 23.976, 60 appears. You have to restart the movie to make 23.976 appear.

2. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

I just tried turning the TV on, turning the Zidoo on, play the episodes and they start in 60Hz. Tried restarting the episodes a few times and it will not play in 23Hz. Sometimes it does, most of the time it doesn't. I tried Locking the resolution to 4K 23Hz and disabling AFR and it plays in 23Hz. I also tried going into the Tv settings while watching content and it does not affect the AFR with my original settings or with the locked resolution on 23hz.

Do you think it possible this issue is from a bad encode of all the episodes? I just tried a different tv series in DV that I have seen already, and it plays well in 23Hz YUV444 VS10 with the settings mentioned above. HDR10 and HDR10+ have no issues with the refresh rate
    Does anyone else have this maybe they can test it? See.S02.2160p.ATVP.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.DV.HEVC-CasStudio

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Actually this App works fine from time to time. Funny but true!! ;)

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Checking

5. Markswift2003

Ok - I can replicate this.

It only seems to happen using VS10 HDR.

If I use VS10 DV or VS10 SDR then the framerate is ok.

And it only seems to happen with this file - I can't replicate with anything else. I think it's to do with the non-standard aspect ratio, but I'll send a debug log and sample file to the devs.

6. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Hopfully the "fix" in the next firmware is removal of the Weather App and its extremely generic weather data. IMO, it is just not needed on a "local" media streaming player ... it can be best left on any of the actual internet streaming devices.... or on your own phone.

xskip, B0RN and khollister like this.
  7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Plus +1

or just have weather app only and remove Movie playback . ;)

TV11, Deano86, Letmein and 3 others like this.
  8. SSThing

SSThing Member

Or have the option to customise/add/remove/replace ALL tiles on the home page?

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

yes, I don't need the weather widget at all, infact I don't need any widget, just let me put what apps I want I'm happy, in my case I autostart Jellyfin as it's the only app I use.

btw, it would be good to also be able to disable apps like for example I don't use HT, Music Player, HDMI IN but it's not possible to disable those and they keep running in the background, no big deal but option to disable would be good.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    Hippoponderous likes this.
  10. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Checked here in Sydney and the weather app is not working

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

checked Masterton NZ too and not working but as others have said ,its not something i EVER use and happily see it removed

if i need the weather i have windows ,or Echo whats the weather today

12. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I really like the weather app because no matter how cold it is outside it always shows it bright and sunny and warm (always) lols I think that's the whole purpose of it :)

13. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

If I want a weather report I look out the window. But this year it's pretend Summer in Sydney so it will be hot, cold, wet, humid. For a more reliable guess I look at my deceased neighbours cats who have taken up residence on my deck near the pool, if they are spread out glaring at each other, it's a hot day coming, if a truce is declared and they are all together in a heap it's overcoat time... Happy Holidays folks...

Phil181, rozel and Deano86 like this.
  14. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

Thank you for checking Markswift2003. Yes everything else works fine and it only happens using VS10 HDR.
    And you have a good eye, the only different thing is the Display aspect ratio: 2.110 (3840 x 1820); The 16:9 VS10 HDR also plays fine

To test your theory I just got the following titles and managed to replicate it to See S02. They also play in @60Hz YUV420 using VS10 HDR. The only thing they have in common is the different aspect ratio, and I found quite a lot of movies/tv series like these (Examples: Suspicion; Blackbird; Slow Horses; Trying; Bad Sisters; For all mankind etc.)
    Tested: Display aspect ratio: 2.105 (3840 x 1824) - See S01.
    Tested: Display aspect ratio: 2.000 (3840 x 1920) - Slow Horses S02.
    I have uploaded the MediaInfo of random episodes of these two.

Thank you for checking and informing the devs. Maybe they can fix it in a future update.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2023
  15. Chirita Laurentiu

Chirita Laurentiu New Member

Hello,

Why I get wrong aspect ratio/scale on posrter wall?

Thank you. wrong aspect posterwall.jpg

16. Markswift2003

Weird!

Never seen that before. Try changing the poster size.

17. Chirita Laurentiu

Same.
    I have Denon avr 4700h and Lg oled G2.

Attached Files:

18. Markswift2003

I assume you're not using local art?

19. Chirita Laurentiu

No. It was ok when was connected directly to Lg Tv. No, it was the same with Lg.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  20. Markswift2003

Just seems like something has corrupted in the HT4 image cache. I can't think of any way that changing HDMI sinks would cause that though.

I would suggest taking a backup (HT4/Settings/Library/Backup), then completely resetting HT4 (HT4/Settings/Library/Clear Data/Clear) then restoring the backup.

Chirita Laurentiu likes this.