How to merge multiple sources?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Scavenger, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Scavenger

Scavenger New Member

I have videos categorized in multiple folders on my NAS (eg. Drama1, Drama2, Comedy1, Comedy2, etc). Is there a way to selectively merge multiple sources so they appear as one source/category on the main page (eg. Drama1+Drama2 shows as Drama)?

2. Scavenger

Scavenger New Member

Can someone confirm that this is NOT possible with HT4? Seems strange, since this seems like a very basic feature (eg kodi, jellyfin have this capability) ...

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It doesn't matter how many folders you add as a source, it's only a source. The database takes care of whether to display as Movie/TV/Genre/Collection etc etc and of course you can create your own categories.

4. Scavenger

Scavenger New Member

The default categorization is too broad and doesn't satisfy my need. Custom categories would work, but they're too tedious because I'd need to manually add each movie individually into my custom categories. Plus, I have already customized my movies into their individual folders on my nas. I just need to import and group them. With Kodi, you can specify multiple folders as ONE source, which is exactly what I need ...