V12 Remote "Source" Button Question

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by AngryVirginian, Dec 6, 2022.

1. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I recently got a V12 remote from the Zidoo online store. Processing and shipping were quite quick as I got the remote 10 days after ordering (I am in the US). I like the remote so far. However, the remote did not come with a manual. What does the big "Source" green button on the upper right corner of the remote supposed to do?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Literally nothing as far as I can see :)

AngryVirginian likes this.
  3. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

I recently got this remote too, and I really like it.

Unfortunately, I seem to have a problem with the motion sensor and the automatic key illumination function :
    Completely randomly, and without having to press a key, just by taking it in hand, the remote control locks up, with just the LED flashing.
    The only way then, is to remove a battery and put it back, to unlock it... until next time.
    Sometimes it's only going to happen once a day, and some other day it's going to crash like this 4-5 times in a row.
    If, on the other hand, I turn off the automatic key illumination function, the problem disappears... :(

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have you tried repairing the bluetooth?

Other than that I'd have to say that sounds like a faulty unit - I've had mine for a few months now and it's been rock solid.

5. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

Yes I tried, because at the beginning it was paired in BT... and I thought it was due to a connection problem. But it didn't change anything.
    What is certain on the other hand, is that indeed, when it locks, it crashes the BT pairing at the same time.

But the origin of the blockage is apparently due to a defect in the motion sensor and/or the automatic lighting function.
    Since when I deactivate the function (press the corresponding button for 3s), I no longer have any problem with blocking.

I will probably try to buy a new one in a while (the procedure for returns via Ali Express from France to China seems complicated to me).
    In addition, if they test the remote control to verify the fault, since it is a random blockage (sometimes I can use it for several hours without it blocking),
    they might not notice the malfunction if they don't spend enough time with it.

6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I received mine from AliExpress few days ago. Pretty nice and a good disposition of the functions. However, I have a weird issue : when I turn off the backlit, the directional keys hang and sometimes I have to press on them a lot of time to go where I want to go. As soon as I turn on the backlit, no problem anymore. I use to turn off this function to save battery life on my other Zidoo’s remotes (V7 and V8), but that is not possible with this one.

When I read Akhnaten, it seems that there is something wrong around the backlit function and/or the quality control.

For now, I would not recommend it.

A bit disappointed. :(

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    Akhnaten likes this.