EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I don't have any experience of the Epson 9400 so don't know how well it reproduces HDR, but if it has been correctly calibrated and if its HDR performance is good then there is no reason to use a custom EDID. Just set HDR to auto and the projector should take care of itself.

In that case, SDR will be SDR, HDR10 will be HDR10 and DV will either be the HDR10 layer or converted by VS10 to HDR10 depending what profile DV it is.

In terms of image, the only reason to use a custom EDID is either to try the LLDV trick or to feed the projector SDR Rec.709 from the VS10 engine.

2. DTSman

DTSman New Member

Hi Mark,

I got some questions:

- I am using yours Edid LLDV BT2020 + HDR10+ from 100 to 10000Nits. It works fine (I got DV 12bits 4:2:2 output). However my projector do not switch automatically in HDR mode. It seems Edid DolbyVision flag set to "ON" but HDR flag is set to "OFF". Is it possible to upgrade the Edid LLDV to flag HDR to "ON" in order the projector switch automatically in HDR when I am playing DV content? For instance when I am using VS10 ouput the projector switch in HDR.

- Which max Nits is used by VS10 Engine when processing HDR content? 1000Nits?

3. Markswift2003

I'm afraid that the EDID is not responsible for HDR switching. That requires the source to spit out what's called an SEI message (Supplemental Enhancement Information) which is basically a hex string that tells the display what sort of HDR signal the source is sending.

Because the Zidoo is fooled into thinking the display is LLDV, it spits out an LLDV signal which does not include this message so the only way to get around that is either to switch the display into its HDR mode manually (not all displays allow this) or use an HDFury device to send a dummy SEI message.

1000nits is probably the best to use and you match that with a 1000bit HDR mode in the display.

4. DTSman

DTSman New Member

Thanks for those informations about SEI. It explains why HDFury's users dot not have this issue with LLDV and automatic switch to HDR mode.

5. Markswift2003

The old Vertex for example will allow a custom HDR message but it's permanent:

upload_2022-12-5_14-13-40.png

But the Vertex 2 and later models allow you to send the custom HDR only if receiving LLDV so native HDR10 isn't affected:

upload_2022-12-5_14-14-55.png

6. DTSman

DTSman New Member

Ok. I understand.

My hope would be this custom HDR message will be set by Zidoo itself when using custom LLDV Edid :)

7. Markswift2003

I've asked several times but I'm not sure it's possible with VS10.

8. Eric Rozzell

Eric Rozzell New Member

Can the Z9X be turned off with the remote? 3E7B634A-F92C-4CE6-B700-986BB14790EB.jpeg
    This is all I get, and not every time. Frozen here btw.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  9. Markswift2003

Short answer, yes. That's what the power button does.

Does the red light come on?

10. Eric Rozzell

Eric Rozzell New Member

Nothing happens when I press the power button on the remote. Short press, long, double tap=nothing.
    The unit stays on, no red light.

Edit—-It is working now after a shutdown/restart. Thanks all

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  11. Markswift2003

Ok, something's screwed somewhere - I'd do a factory reset.

12. Eric Rozzell

Eric Rozzell New Member

Thanks Mark. It is working now. Perhaps I was holding it too long. At any rate, can anyone tell me if the frame rate really works and when? I have set it to FR matching only on the Zidoo and when I play a movie from the theater (1917, mkv, SDR for example) it plays at 4k/60 for some reason.

984972EB-FF64-4314-B55C-867152D54ECD.jpeg

13. Markswift2003

Yep, it really works.

14. Eric Rozzell

Eric Rozzell New Member

But not in the example I posted. It is displaying as 60fps.

15. Markswift2003

Very odd... Same movie, slightly different crop, Auto Frame Rate only:

upload_2022-12-6_18-58-38.png

16. I have Samsung 8K Q950 Tv and Dolby True HD , DTS X sound bar.. can i please have Custom Edid of LLDV, HDR 10+ and passthrough of Dolby True Hd and DTS X

17. I have Samsung 8K Q950 Tv and Dolby True HD , DTS X sound bar.. can i please have Custom Edid of LLDV, HDR 10+ and passthrough of Dolby True Hd and DTS X

18. Markswift2003

The second EDID on the first page.

Shahid Bakhshalvi likes this.
  19. danbez

danbez New Member

@Markswift2003 , would be possible for you to create a BT2020 300 nit LLDV EDID? I tried to create one with the HDFury website but no matter what I select, only BT709 is supported when I try (and confirmed when opened on Deltacast).

Thanks

20. Markswift2003

Full+BT2020 300nit LLDV.bin

https://mega.nz/file/0epW3JxT#IdK-HkEHpSqOUT3b-eqXuRulb-iKba-rW-qYYA0dFec

By the way, you can't tell what the primaries are with an EDID editor like Deltacast because it can't decode the Dolby Block.

Datntien likes this.