Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. SandorM

SandorM New Member

Same “black screen” issue with Z10Pro — Onkyo AVR — Wanbo T2 Max projector
    No issues with Z10Pro — Onkyo AVR — LG C9

strange… and I really don’t understand
    Do you have any idea?

2. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

I see my neo s wont boot from standby with the remote, it use to do it before this update. Also tried a couple of times to get trial of roon with two months however zidoo dont respond back with a user code!!

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

About time to get a new b-fw, 1-3 days? :)

Telectricity likes this.
  4. Its not just the problem whit the 8k the chip did have more problems

5. Hey all -
    Not sure if this has been reported, but I notice that in HT4 - where I can see things like "Dolby Vision", or "True HD", it doesn't show if there is an Atmos track for BDMV folders (it can detect HDR10, or DV content on thse folders). It detects Atmos fine for mkv files.

Is this a FW bug, or a HT4 bug?

6. mikk

mikk New Member

In HT movies are no longer sorted by genre. For example, the movie has a comedy genre. When you go to the folder (category) "comedy" the movie is not there :(

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not seeing this - all latest movies added have been put into the correct genres and I can't see any missing.

8. mikk

mikk New Member

It is interesting that some films are recognized by genre, and some are not. I've tried changing the genre in the HT GUI, clearing the HT memory and restoring posters from a backup - no effect.
    I will have to factory reset zidoo or reinstall the firmware :(

9. Markswift2003

It can only be caused by a problem in the database, so resetting HT should do it but then restoring from a backup just restores the error.

I'd export NFO and artwork, reset HT then rescrape using local NFO and local art.

10. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So, if there's an Atmos track in the BDMV folder, it will show as True-HD as that's the container its in (not something called Atmos).
    The MKV files show as Dolby Atmos because they are most likely the DD+ tracks with built in object based information, not True-HD tracks; IE any streaming movies and shows. So as long as your receiver is showing that its playing Dolby Atmos on BDMV folders, you are good.

11. Markswift2003

MediaInfo is used so it can easily recognise Atmos from a BDMV or ISO.

I think what's happening is that it recognises "MLP FBA" as TrueHD correctly, it also recognises "MLP FBA 16-ch" as Atmos correctly, but it gets confused with the "AC-3" bit in "MLP FBA AC-3 16-ch" from an ISO/BDMV and parses only up to "MLP FBA" and so shows TrueHD.

The reason ISO and BDMV show "MLP FBA AC-3 16-ch" is that the AC-3 compatibility track is associated with the TrueHD track which is not the case in MKV.

MKV files parse as Atmos because they show "MLP FBA 16-ch" rather than "MLP FBA AC-3 16-ch".

E-AC3 with Atmos tracks are "E-AC-3 JOC" (Joint Object Coding) and most definitely not more likely in MKV!!

It just needs a couple more lines of code to recognise "MLP FBA AC-3 16-ch" as an Atmos format.

Michael Mamone and B0RN like this.
  12. Vincenzo Boemi

Vincenzo Boemi New Member

Elvis 4k ISO, Highlander 4k ISO. Stuttering with BD player and with direct video. No problem with Dune Realvision.

Vincenzo

Tarantula likes this.
  13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

watched Highlander iso 4 or 5 days ago zero stutter here
    played and looked very good

xiaNaix and Letmein like this.
  14. Dracula

Dracula New Member

Perhaps someone has encountered this and knows the solution, or the developers will fix it. (I certainly tried resetting the settings). I decided to write about the bugs that I could not defeat on 6.4.42.
    1) The device does not display in the network environment. All parameters are set correctly, the working group is specified, the SAMBA server is running. If you use a name or ip address, then everything is OK, but there is no device in the network environment.
    2) If an mp4 container is used, and a movie with dolby vision, then periodically there is a desynchronization that disappears after rewinding. I.e. rewound and you watch the same piece already normally.
    3) On the current firmware, very often after watching movies, the device cannot be turned off from the remote, it just freezes when turned off. I couldn't figure out the pattern, but it seems that this happens most often when watching movies with Dolby Vision. This is the most annoying bug, because you have to turn off the device with a hardware button.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  15. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I can confirm point 3. The device hangs during the shutdown (you can see the "shutting down" image). This also happens during the booting. It happens in my case about every 5-7 days.
    That's really annoying but I have no solution.

16. Vincenzo Boemi

Vincenzo Boemi New Member

Another video blank.
    After last JVC NZ7 firmware (v.2.0 on nov.15) when I stop movies (SDR or HDR) the video blanks. I investigate the problem and seems to be related to Anthem AVM-70. If I switch off/on the pre, is all fine.

Chain:
    Zidoo Z1000Pro (latest firmware)->Anthem AVM-70 (latest beta 2.0.187)->JVC RS 2100 (NZ7, latest firmware 2.0).

Vincenzo

17. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

#three happens almost daily.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

#3 - device hangs during remote shutdown.

I see it too on occasion. It was there in previous firmware. My old Zidoo X9S was doing too. I think it's related to external hard drives connected to the player by USB and/or SATA. I have both. One of the drives stays spinning when it locks up shutting down.

Is there anybody out there without local hard drive attached to the player with shutdown hang issue?

19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I have 4 external hard drives connected and often watch DV content. Have not run into this issue ever; I don't know if it matters but I use a Harmony Remote to shut the player off, not the Z9X remote. CEC is also off just to cover all bases.

On a side note, I do not like that the power option on the Z9X works as a Toggle button, in the sense that if you already have the Z9X on and press power ON again, it will turn the device Off. Other devices are On is On and Off is Off regardless of their current status.

rozel likes this.
  20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

OK, good to know.