Feature requests for HT4.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Temearoo, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, most probably and very easy for kids!!

2. DampfHenne

DampfHenne New Member

I would like a random game for the series

A screensaver with random playback of the library

3. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

One setting I’m really missing is a timer that will turn off the zidoo after it’s been on the screensaver for a set amount of time (5 / 10 / 15 minutes). This seems such a basic feature that I hope it is already implemented but I just haven’t found it in the settings menu yet.

Not displaying the subs when in screensaver would be great for my oled screen.

The screensaver with only a black background and floating clock or logo, as mentioned before, would also be a great addition.

Last one: I noticed that if I put the zidoo in standby after I paused a movie, it won’t remember where I was when I turn the zidoo back on. If I first back out of the movie it does remember where I was. When in a hurry this extra step seems unnecessary.

DampfHenne and ccart like this.
  4. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

That's a sad state of affairs, but point taken.

5. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Then don't turn the option "to delete on" for devices used by kids? Just bury the toggle to allow for deletion a number of menu items deep in the options. Put a "are you sure?" verification on the toggle and the action of deletion itself.

What if a kid changes or deletes a custom edid, what if they go into the media manager app and delete the contents of your entire media folder? What if they updated to the newest firmware and it bricks the unit?

I don't agree with the reasoning that because someone who doesn't understand what they are doing can screw things up, others shouldn't have capabilities withheld. Especially for something so universal/expected and found in the other major media players (Kodi, Plex, Jellyfin, Emby.)

The adults in the room would like to delete media from the client interface ;)

Oldpainless likes this.
  6. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

There are plenty of reasons Zidoo decided not to allow deletion on HT that I agree. If you play around obviously you'll be able to process whatever but again not easy for newbie users.

7. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I would like to request that Zidoo and an action to the "Shortcut Keys" app to mark an item in HT4 as "Watched." This will be a lot quicker than the current state of needing at least 3 button presses to do so.

ccart, lawdawg and 3DBuff like this.
  8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I could use media info on Shortcut Keys. This way it would be available from my TV remote over CEC functions. LG Magic Remote has those matching buttons and they operate Zidoo functions :)

9. TV11

TV11 New Member

Please add an option to control sharpening if possible.

10. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

How about remove the annoying Chapter skip info. on top left when done and keep the screen clean?

11. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Funny, I almost thought at first that my Z9X didn't have the indication, but I guess it does and lucky for me, I literally don't even notice it when I do use the skip function. I am guessing it helps that I have a 142 inch scope screen and it is far enough above and to the left that I don't even really take notice of it....

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

How would you know which chapter you're going to then?

Deano86 likes this.
  13. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I dont need to know... If I really need it I just pull the Popup Menu of the Disc. And for folks who do want it should then be able to turn it on if they want. This is how its done on the Oppo, has the option to turn it On or Off as needed.

TV11 likes this.
  14. TV11

TV11 New Member

For the chapter info osd- Having the option to choose is nice. I wish I could choose to sharpen the picture in the same way we’re allowed the choice to saturate it with color

B0RN likes this.
  15. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Please leave the chapter indicator alone. I find it very useful, in-fact if the chapters happened to have names I would like to see that included across the top of the screen.

16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I am not asking for them to be completely taken away, just have the option to toggle them OFF, win win.

17. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

As far the info dissolves in a while, it's fine to be there.

18. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

It is not, and needs fixed asap. There should be an option to disable it all together, looks like something a $35 player would do. Even my $35 sony BD player had the option to toggle it off.

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Please respect that others may have different views than your own - you tend to make your views known quite firmly - this forum is run by members (not Zidoo themselves) for the benefit of members.

Thanks

Visconti12 likes this.
  20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Controversial opinions are always there but within a respectful line most welcome and fruitful.

rozel likes this.