Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Sorry but the support of BDmenu with Zidoo is not 100% guaranteed.

It's possible that Zidoo is working to improve it, I don't know more.

Maybe Zidoo will have some news about this some day...

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Same answer as always:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-upto-fw-v6-4-7-42-no-feature-requests.84836/
    Guess what is on #1 since the start of this topic.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    Letmein likes this.
  3. Taler

Taler New Member

I can confirm this, I have the same problem with DTS HD audio tracks, which I have also mentioned here in the forum.
    So I ask for a repair of this bug

4. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    Tarantula and Taler like this.
  5. Taler

Taler New Member

Hello dear Zidoo Team,

this time a large contribution from me.

I once wanted to express the following problems improvement suggestions or wishes for a future update:

In a past update, the real-time bit rate of the video was added in the video information. For the currently selected audio track I would like to have the same information displayed. So, would it be possible to add and display a real-time-bit rate for the audio track as well?

Next, I would like to ask. Is it possible to set the display time of a movie or a series episode in the "Last watched" section? e.g. to set the display of a currently watched series or other titles to days, weeks, months or indefinitely?

Sometimes it is very annoying that movies and series episodes in the "last seen section" disappear too fast, if you haven't looked at them for two weeks.

I have a question of technical nature:

The clear logos of series are only downloaded from TVDB but not from TMDB, is this a bug, can it be fixed or is this stored in the TMDB database?

I would like to point out another problem (at least with me UHD 3000):

I noticed that with DTS-HD audio tracks the displayed number of audio channels is always incorrect e.g. with movies with DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio track, when you press the audio button, 7.1 channels are displayed under the INFO button as well. For DTS-HD 2.0 movies, 4.0 channels are always displayed in the audio track. Can this be fixed?

A big issue that often causes me to have to re-import and re-create my entire library is the following problem:

It is simply not possible to update a new series (on TMDB) once it has been read in, where not all the information such as cover text, episode name or episode image is available on TMDB yet, by re-reading it afterwards. Since at TMDB the whole information of a new series/episode is only available after some weeks or months, this is annoying, because you can't update this afterwards without having to re-read and rebuild your whole library.

Finally, I would like to make 2 wishes:

I would be very grateful if not only the rating of the entire series / series season to see, but a rating of each episode. Previously, this was still possible and it was in each individual episode the rating with it.

Last point

In addition to the TMDB rating and IMDB rating, would it be possible to select and show a Trakt rating, i.e. include a Trakt rating as an alternative to the existing rating systems?

I would like to thank you again for the great work here and say that I absolutely love Zidoo as it is a great product.

Summary:

Issues & Requests:

- add real-time bit rate for the audio track

- an update function for missing information (cover text, episode image, episode name) of series episodes

- set display duration in the "last watched section" of movies and series episodes yourself e.g. days, weeks, months or indefinitely

- incorrect display of number of audio channels in audio track for DTS-HD audio tracks

- is it possible for series to get the clearlogos when scrapping also from TMDB?

Wishes:

- Display the rating of each episode of a series

- an additional rating from Trakt as an alternative to the IMDB & TMBD rating system.

Thank you

mytich, Letmein and Ovidiu Ogrean like this.
  6. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Hello everyone. Tell me who switched from version 6.4 (7) .20 to v6.4 (7) .42 . Are there any improvements or is it better to stay on v6.4(7) .20 for now?

7. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Simply a huge improvement. Don’t hesitate to update fw soon. Read the log in first post!!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  8. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Visconti12 - Thank you for the prompt response

9. Nice Monkey

But e.g. HDMI-CEC got worse next to many improvements.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  10. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

And for me, it worked fine without any problems, and it works:)

ccart likes this.
  11. 56k

56k Member

Music player 7.0 issue for me crash playing song, instable
    when browse music with folder take so long to view files ,
    change directory crash take age to view file

atari82 likes this.
  12. Nice Monkey

Yes MP7 hardly works anymore when controlled via Media Center. Can confirm this. One is obliged to take the scraping route and start next via the integrated library choices.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...onveniences-and-suggested-improvements.93771/
    Added it here and tagged it red as it is regarded unacceptable that this doesn't work well anymore.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    56k likes this.
  13. Petga

Petga Member

you
    Joe[/QUOTE]

I also don't know why nothing is happening with handeling of BD-Munus playback.
    That's a pity, because I'm otherwise very satisfied with the UHD3000.
    But a real media player has to be able to handle BD-Munus.

Letmein likes this.
  14. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@mirror @Markswift2003

Z9X ( v6.4.42_G beta) -> Denon X6700 -> LG C9

Every now and then I have a black screen, it appears every over a dozen seconds
    HDMI-CEC on Z9x disabled
    Reset doesn't help.
    I have uploaded the previous firmware v6.4.40_G beta and it's ok

Please help

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  15. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

Is everything updated, receiver and TV? Completely a shot in the dark, but do you have the deep color setting turned on in LG settings, and whatever comparable setting is for Denon? Turn that off for equipment that you aren’t looking to get 4K, 120, and 4:4:4. I had an issue with a PC where that setting was causing black screens that I couldn’t get handshake to get an image back no matter what I tried. I would come back to PC input after switching inputs or turning LG tv off and would be stuck with black screen. Having to hard reset PC. Had originally had deep color (I think that is name of setting) turned on due to game console but backed into that fixing my black screen issue. Now this black screen issue is continually once you have it, correct? Not just a few seconds when Zidoo, Receiver and TV are handshaking? Good luck.

let me know if deep color “OFF” fixes it for you.

also, one more suggestion, I use the non G version of the firmware. Don’t fret with streaming on Zidoo. Zidoo is foremost a local player. Granted, that probably won’t help your handshake issue. That is just a me setting, nonG versions. Use Apple TV or similar for streaming. But if you have a need, keep the G version, since it probably isn't why you are having handshake as best I can presume.

Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  16. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

firmware v6.4.40_G beta and it's ok no black screen
    everything updated, receiver and TV

I turn on any video file and I have a random black screen every dozen or so seconds

I didn't do anything with the settings - everything as I had in 3 devices
    I noticed this on the latest firmware v6.4.42_G beta

The strange thing is when I rolled back the old software and installed the latest it seemed to be ok ...
    But I turned everything off and on after 2 hours to check and it gets black screen again every now and then

17. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

18. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

A BD player must be able to play BD menus, a media player must be able to play media files. In my opinion.

Tarantula and Deano86 like this.
  19. Nice Monkey

Haha define media? For me media are LP, CD, DVD, BD, SACD etc. A media player must be able to play 1:1 image copies of those. ;)

It is good that we all use these boxes in different ways. :rolleyes:

Letmein, darky_zidoo and xskip like this.
  20. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

+1.. ya... why anyone would want to rip a movie and "keep" the ridiculous and time wasting menus to navigate through is beyond me. And don't tell me it is for those seamless branching movies. Just rip both versions and call it a day. Special Features? Seriously, how often do you rewatch those? One and done, really. If you have a hankering for amazing menu playback, put the movie in your spinning disc player and enjoy.

AxeYou, Netmask, Zigourney and 2 others like this.