Jellyfin AndroidTV Client Thread

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. andy22

andy22 Active Member

The setting is called "Card-Info style/display" and can be set for the homescreen and for each library grid-view.
    The details/special info views always display "Under-Full" style cards.

2. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Yes doesnt work in collections - once tou’ve gone in to the collection the movies still have the info under them even when set to hidden.

3. mattmarsden

Also on the homescreen would it be possible to have a bit more horizontal spacing as some of the caregory text overlaps the posters.

And is it possible to turn off clear logo when loading a video?

4. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Oh ah yes "Collections" ... i always think Collections = My Media/Library's, but you mean the actual movie/collection feature. Sorry i forgot about those, so need to test/fix this view.

5. andy22

andy22 Active Member

You mean that the first 1-2 items may overlap with the header text, when card focus-zoom is used?
    That's deliberate, otherwise we would need more empty vertical space, bigger headers or auto adapt the size of the selected row. I decided on allowing the overlap, which looks fine to me and is only a issue on the first row items + card-zoom.

Ok, i remember you had specific wishes for the loading screen.
    Will add a "loading screen" option, with "blank/none, theme bg color, backdrop image, blurred-backdrop image, backdrop + clear-logo" option selection?
    Would this suffice?

6. Fattykidd

Fattykidd New Member

Is there a way to page up or down when scrolling through a library ? Or jump to certain Letter titles?

REALLY liking this, so thank you for your hard work.

7. andy22

andy22 Active Member

No, but will put it on the wish-list.

Fattykidd likes this.
  8. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Im really liking a lot of what you have done - good stuff. As I used it more this evening, it feels a little cramped. By that I mean there is very little vertical separation or negative space between the rows on the Home Screen. Any chance we could adjust the vertical space between the rows of cards?

Similarly there the details screen feels very crowded, in an effort to get as much displayed on one screen as possible. I don’t mind having the screen scroll down to see actors and chapters if it meant I could have some more space between the rows.

9. mattmarsden

That would be amazing, thanks Andy

10. mattmarsden

Also you mentioned about the possibility of listing Dolby Vision - all my DV movies are listed as HDR. Is that correct?

11. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

This would be good but can I live without it.
    Technically, yes. DV, HDR10, HDR10+, HLG are all forms of HDR.

12. mattmarsden

Also would it be possible to choose posters for the continue watching section on the home screen?

13. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Is it just me or is this less responsive than previous versions? On 6.4.42 on Z9x. It no longer scrolls smoothly through my library. There is a distinct lag/stutter with every scroll.

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I hate to say this because of the tremendous amount of work that Andy's put into this, but yeah, it was slow to populate for me before, but now, the full posterwall is pretty much unusable.

I'm simply using a Windows workstation sitting on my network running Jellyfin Server - nothing complicated like a docker or NAS...

If I try to scroll, even slowly, it lurches into pages like this. It eventually populates, but try and move down again and the same thing happens.. often taking 5-6 seconds to even respond, never mind populate... The library is 846 movies only.

upload_2022-10-27_16-9-53.png

upload_2022-10-27_16-10-35.png

upload_2022-10-27_16-11-10.png

15. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Hmm, populates and loads instantly for me, its just scrolling is laggy now. I have jellyfin running on a docker on same network, all of its metadata is on an m.2 ssd though so maybe thats why it populates quickly for me? I haven't tested jellyfin with its metadata on spinning rust but I've tested plex and the ssd made it load way faster.

Home server (unraid) is hard wired to router and z9x is on wifi, but is close enough where it will do 400mbps consistently

Movies library is 772 movies

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  16. mattmarsden

Hmmm, I'm running Jellyfin server on a basic Windows 7 machine and it populates very quickly.

17. Markswift2003

Ok, that's good to know... Populates fast from a remote PC and almost instantaneously on an iPhone...

18. Markswift2003

But this is how it is for me - when scrolling down I'm just holding the down arrow.

When it eventually gets to the end and I scroll back I'm sequentially pressing the up arrow....

https://streamable.com/i569gl

19. Enet

Enet Active Member

I get the same too.

@andy22 It would be nice if we could choose to cache images on the local device rather than the server. That might fix these issues.

20. Nathan W

Nathan W Member