Jellyfin AndroidTV Client Thread

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Yup, super annoying to be scrolling though your movies and they start refreshing the screen every 5 seconds, which throws you back at the top of the list. I wish you could turn that off - Plex/Jellyfin just politely stick the new item in with the existing.

Another benefit of Jellyfin/Plex is that the media matching of those apps is SIGNIFICANTLY better than HT4. HT4 frequently decides to put files stored in the same folder, with essentially the same name (other than a change of a 1 to a 2 for episode number) in different posters. You can manually match them into one poster, but then the next episode drops and you have two posters again…. HT4 also looses its mind when it encounters : & and the like. It can’t seem to parse the file correctly.

2. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I think you can disable automatic poster wall refreshing inside HT.

3. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I'll look for that setting. Thanks!

4. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

That's what Trakt is for.

Does the Zidoo internal player overlay show title info with Jellyfin?

5. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

My biggest thing is my library is large enough a scan takes like 15minutes so not having to wait for that new stuff to show up is why I use this.

6. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Well, I run a 42TB NAS so I'll get there.

I don't know what the Jellyfin GUI looks like. I like the fact that HT4.0 indicates HDR10+ and DV content- Kodi doesn't do that.

7. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I didn't either until I took the plunge and tried it. Like you I run Unraid (around 80TB) and adding Jellyfin via Unraid's app store was a simple. I'd recommend you try it out yourself to really know if you will like Jellyfin as a server and client.

8. Jim Sipes

Jim Sipes New Member

I have a question (or two) about Jellyfin on my Synology NAS. I actually have 2 NAS's, one for regular bluray mkvs and one for UHD HDR mkvs. If I install Jellyfin on NAS #1 can I import my sources on NAS #2 directly into the same movies folder that I created on my NAS #1 server? That's the problem I have with Plex. I had to create separate movie folders (Movies_Bluray and Movies_UHD) and switch between the servers. Plex would not allow me to show all the movies together on the same server instance. Does what I'm asking make sense? I know what I want to do (like Kodi, ZDMC etc.) but I'm not sure I'm expressing it properly. Thanks for any advice.

9. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Beta 11 - 0.14.9 [download: here]
    • based on latest official 0.14 release
    • support new Zidoo API
      • enabled via firmware version detection
    • add new card-layout options
    • add new home customization options
      • support "My Media small" home-type
    • add new customization options (focus, dimming, zoom, spacing, colors)
      • fix base Themes handling
    • rework Ui layouts (try match webclient)
    • add/fix grid sorting options
    • support VC-1 codec
    • use FLAC as default music transcode fallback
    • prioritize "forced" subtitles over unwanted "none forced" languages
    • support Android 6-13
    • optimize image cache handling
    • general stability/bug fixes
    PS: Lots of changes this time, so just check the settings and play around with the new options. Doe to the massive number of internal/external changes, there might be quite some bugs i missed, so keep reporting what you find.

The transcode/seeking issues is still present and i did not get any feedback/update on this from the Zidoo devs, since beta10.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    dr4go, Nathan W and Sledgehamma like this.
  10. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Awesome - really good work. Is there a way to hide the info on the cards on Home Screen and Collections view? I couldn't see how to customise the cards for those views.

lawdawg likes this.
  11. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Also can we get an option to disable the backdrops on the movie details screens, similar to this option on the “Home Screen?”

Attached Files:

12. mattmarsden

Also, unless I've missed it - is it possible to have the option of text Movies, Shows, Collections etc over or under their relevant icons?

13. andy22

andy22 Active Member

For home its in the home-section options and Collections its in the Library settings of this screen, if you mean the text-info area? Rating-badge settings are also global and per library-screen.

The backdrop is part of the movie details screen, like the logo-art, but can add a extra option to disable it completely.

You mean for the "My Media" row? The text should be in the middle of the card, since its part of the image? So not sure what you are missing?

14. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Awesome thanks for considering this toggle. For me the backgrounds selected by the automatic download are not the best. They are wide versions of posters or just look bad when overlayed with a poster or text, IMO. The other concern is that they take a few seconds to load, and while they are loading you can sometimes see the background for a previously selected item displayed. For me, I'd rather have no background, or one custom background I can upload and apply to all of the detail screens.

15. andy22

andy22 Active Member

That's actually a deliberate delayed fade-in/out animation, the backdrops would otherwise "pop" instantly while you quickly scroll through items. Not sure what you mean by "seconds", the cross-fade should take 300ms and 150ms for the item to-be accepted as "current selection" so 450ms in total.

Do you have the "fanart" plugin installed in JF? Than you get the best images and can select what variant you want via the server web-interface.

16. andy22

andy22 Active Member

BTW can someone that uses the (_G) FW version, check the FW version name in the "About" info screen?
    Just noticed that if there is a actual "(_G)" suffix in the name it will screw with the new direct-path FW detection logic, so it will fallback to the old ZDMC api.

So whats the displayed string, just "v6.4.42" or "v6.4.42(_G)"?

17. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I'll try and snag a video of the prior movies background visible behavior for you.

I do have the Fanart plugin, and you are right that provides quite a few more choices. I just don't want to have to take the time select new ones for hundreds of movies. It requires alot of clicks on the server for each movie. Now if Jellyfin had something like Plex has,the plexdash app, which is a mobile app that allows you to quickly scroll through items and easily select posters and backgrounds, maybe I would think differently on this topic.

18. mattmarsden

Its the text under the movie poster that says the title and year. I’ve selected hidden but it still shows up, same with home screen.

19. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

[​IMG]
    Hi, Andy.
    For me, I previously used to have the 'Movies', 'TV' & 'Collections' labels underneath the My Media section. I also had custom images & backgrounds for these sections. The background images have now become the 'Primary' image (as well as the background) & while they can be changed at the server end, it's not reflected at the client end.
    Also, unless I'm missing something, can the My Media section be scaled independently of the other home sections?
    Otherwise, this is an excellent Beta. I especially love the detailed & accurate media info in the file views. Outstanding work, mate.[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Oh i see, so the server only adds the "name" text if you don't set custom images for those sections. I did disable the info-area for this row, since the server by default adds the text to the image.
    Will fix this in next beta, so leave it on default images for now so the text get added by the server.

"My Media" by default is always half the size of the poster rows, but you can use the "My Media (small)" variant which is a smaller fixed size.

That's because the default "medium" size home-screen is optimized to display "My Media" + 2 thumb rows + 1 poster row on-screen.