Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

You can update the latest fw at once but choose the correct version: Either _G with Goggle app preinstalled or w/o G. If you're not sure, look at the software information of your current version.

audit13 likes this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Received mine o.t.a. Update v6.4.42 thanks team .

3. audit13

audit13 New Member

Thank you. I just downloaded the 6.4.42 beta zip and will use a flash drive to update.

4. Colmas

Colmas New Member

Thank you for the files.

However, on my Windows PC, I cannot open the Checksum file by double clicking as you suggested in your verify integrity of Zidoo Firmware file. It asks what program to use. What am I missing?

Thanks

5. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

It would seem to me that not every single Beta is released/available even with the notification of the Receive Beta Version checkmarked.... I am just guessing that Zidoo likes to make certain that some in-between Betas are solid before releasing other versions to be downloaded directly.... even though they are all referred to as Betas. I think that is smart.

6. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Open it with NotePad.

Attached Files:

7. Colmas

Colmas New Member

Thank you, that worked.

Cheers

8. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

Can someone provide a link to the non GAPP version. My box says I'm up to date on 6.4.7.40 even with the beta toggle checked.

9. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Just updated my 3000 via OTA. No issues so far. I haven't found it necessary to turn off, turn on the machine "x" times. Been watching a movie this afternoon and is looking good.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Definitively I think Zidoo releases OTA beta fws when they are stable/important versions.

11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

12. DMD

DMD Member

Installed .42 and turned off and on twice, all OK.
    Thanks to the whole team

13. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Updated now on UHD300.
    When do they solve the problem of starting from the menu of iso movies?
    joe

14. AKI

AKI New Member

Thank you. Downloaded on line and now we will test.

15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thus far looking good on my Neo Alpha. Will try MP7 a bit more. Will update my improvement topic with those findings.
    Did not see the instabilities I got on my Z9X with the previous FW yet.

Using "Automatic updating sources" is a bad idea when you have a big collection as I do.
    As it will redo the whole scanning process again each time.

@mirror
    A small suggestion:
    When mapping "Front display play UI" to a colored key it cycles between "MP7 and Main Menu" views now. I suggest to cycle between "MP7, Main Menu, Screen Saver and Meter" views instead.
    I am sure many would appreciate this. This way taking better advantage of the front display capabilities.

A request for comments:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...onveniences-and-suggested-improvements.93771/
    Was updated to reflect the current status. Please correct me where being wrong.

16. Colmas

Colmas New Member

So, what is the alternative?

Thanks

vddan likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Doing it manually after a big update made to your collection or on scheduled basis (night runs)?

18. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

19. ofir

ofir Member

Apparently they are not able to solve the problems
    And seriously for a 2 years nothing was done.
    At least on the issue of support for the Hebrew language.

20. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

I just updated yesterday, and the pic quality seems better (especially for dolby vision). It always good to have a manufacturer continue to deliver on its product! This is good...

vddan, kovacsgergely83 and Delfanboy like this.