Beta version v6.4.40 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2022.

1. rere130

rere130 New Member

Yes it's right. I have a Oppo 203 Clone (m9702) and below 84 you can't see anything with the high luminosity!

I understand now, thanks for yours answers ;)

Attached Files:

2. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

After upgrading from 6.4.20_G to 6.4.40_G my TV Streaming app cannot contact the servers anymore, had that also when trying to update to 6.4.36_G, so rollyback to 6.4.20_G was necessary. Not really happy but cannot say 100% it is related to Zidoo. I also tried to reinstall the app from scratch but same issue......

I will talk again to the App Developers in my company but they say not related to them....

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok, that's really interesting because the Oppo and clones use VS10 too...

Oldpainless likes this.
  4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

68 !! With your projector or your TV ?

With my sony oled tv and his factory settings I get 76 which is already good for me.

5. OlivierQC

Hi Mark,

It's weird the oppo player gets 78 it seems to me, the chinoppo would not have the same version of VS10 engine as the oppo player do you think?

6. Sam Abraham

Sam Abraham New Member

Anyone else having issues playing 3d bluray ISO files? I get "can't play video" error. One of the iso has no menus and I get black screen and distorted audio for few seconds and it fails too.

7. Markswift2003

TV - I haven't checked the projector - I'm using VS10 SDR with that now...

8. Markswift2003

I think the Chinoppo uses the same generation Mediatek chip (I'd stand to be corrected as I don't have one) so I'd assume the same version of VS10, but as far as I know there aren't that many versions anyway!

I'm not sure what's going on here with people getting different values but presumably down to the display - hence why we had a reported 78 from an Oppo and 84 from an Oppo clone.

Regardless, the Zidoo now out performs them both ;)

Oldpainless likes this.
  9. OlivierQC

Attention, this will not please the owners of Oppo player which is for some a reference player in the tests ;)

Bill-Z9X, darky_zidoo, xskip and 3 others like this.
  10. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Watching HDR content through the VS10 engine on a TV that supports HDR is a bad idea.
    Now I conducted an experiment with two films with not very bright ones. These are Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and 2010's Predators. VS10 not only did not improve. but to a certain extent even worsened. The picture has become more SDR, it seems.
    And in HDR native, these films look better.

11. rere130

rere130 New Member

But can the original Oppo 203 player read .iso or m2ts files in Dolby Vision?
    Isn't this specific to clones?
    This could explain why black clipping is not ok on my M9702...
    I used the same tv, the same hdmi cable and of course the same settings (Dolby Vision Lumineux in French, with the brightness forced to +3 on both devices).
    I also have a Dune Real Vision 4k, I could try with that too :p

personally I also think to use the VS10 automatically just for Dolby Vision.
    For hdr10, I prefer to keep the original decoding. So "auto" in the HDR setting.

Ps : thanks Google traduction, I can understand english but writing is something else ^^

12. Cranks

Cranks Member

I must say using VS10 with this version of firmware has greatly improved DV for my setup.
    Congrats to all the developers for this great result!!

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

hi just woke
    busy for a few hours this morn ill try post settings in a bit
    think i have same start settings on tv as you dv bright brightness to +3
    it was further down where i had to turn a few things to off ie go thru ALL the picture settings for DV and make sure all the things are off

im able to see down to 68 68 64 without having to turn brightness to max

14. rere130

rere130 New Member

I just tested the clipping on another competing box, the Dune Real Vision 4k. On my tv upstairs which is an LG 48C1 (Dolby Vision Standard mode), the result is not terrible :p
    the last visible rectangle is at 88 (and I also know that the blacks are blocked at LG without calibration, to see if on my Panasonic it goes further) :

Attached Files:

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

heres some pics sorta shows the levels plus my TV settings while the DV file is paused

playing the files direct on TV gave
    DV 67/68
    HDR10 68
    SDR 72ish

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
    kovacsgergely83 likes this.
  16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No, all good here on my end. Checked few latest titles, as good as ever. Menus work some in 3D. Latest Doctor Strange was meant to be watched in 3D. Georges 3D opening scene on on my old 3D 4K TV passive glasses

17. ccart

ccart New Member

Is that when playing Dolby vision source content, or vs10 converting content to DV?

What HDR setting do you use? I have mine on auto.

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Just set HDR to VS10 for SDR HDR thatll cover everything and will switch to DV if source is DV

for the few HLG HDR10+ stuff you have to change hdr to HDR10 ,but its so rare with those files going the way of Video Tape

ive run mine on the SDR HDR vs10 pretty much from the start
    even like a yr ago it still made HUGE improvements to all the sdr content

ccart and Cranks like this.
  19. Stove

Stove New Member

Hi all, what is the test pattern being used? Cheers

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

kovacsgergely83 and m.hall like this.