KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. DMD

DMD Member

Good morning.
    I am in the SAMBA mode connected via lan with pc (W11 21H2 b22000.1042), on the pc I saved the Kodi settings from a previous installation, they are the system folders (addon and userdata).
    Today after firmware update I want to restore the same system settings, copying the folders from pc to Zidoo via SAMBA.
    The problem is that to transfer 2.57 Gb takes 4 hours with Teracopy.
    When I perform the same operation with the old HiMedia Q1o pro box it takes about 20 minutes.
    I tried compressing the file with WinRar and the transfer happens in a few minutes.
    The problem is in the file extraction which takes the same time, about 4 hours.
    Is there any alternative in data transfer?
    Thank you

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  2. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

you should be able to use the Windows File Manager to transfer files from PC to Zidoo?
    Alternatively, copy your files onto a USB flash and then plug into the Zidoo?

3. DMD

DMD Member

I'm trying right now, connected USB pen drive to the Zidoo and I'm making the copy in the internal rootbut it seems that the time is always high.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. manulover

manulover New Member

Hello friends

Install on my zidoo z1000 pro zdmc and what I don't like is that when I move or scroll through the covers to select the movie I notice a delay or slowness.

I have the movies on my hard drives inside my Htpc computer and I play them over the network via smb.

On my Htpc I have kodi installed and the cases of my movies or covers scroll very quickly and smoothly.

Someone knows to that can it be?

I don't understand if it is because my Htpc has 8 gigabytes of ram memory and the Zidoo only has 2 gigabytes.

Another question I have is that my movies in iso format do not show the menus of the movie within zdmc when I select to see the movie with menus.

Does anyone know why this happens?

From my zidoo covers outside of zdmc I can play my iso movies with menus without any problem.

Thank you very much

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

PC CPU has a lot more horsepower compared to Zidoo Realtek CPU. Larger number of movies in ZDMC database will cause delay and hesitation compared to PC. You would need to post a video of how bad is it and number of movies for someone to assess if this is normal.

Playing disk menus is the function of Zidoo developed Home Theater app. Kodi (ZDMC) is not there yet if ever. Home Theater is evolving as really good front interface. Unless you have a valid reason to use ZDMC stick to HT.

I have both. My best collection is in HT, all 3D and UHD disk about 400 titles. Different versions of the same movie are on one movie page. ZDMC holds everything else about 2000 titles. ZDMC keeps database of all sources all the time connected or not.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    manulover likes this.
  6. DMD

DMD Member

Good morning.
    I followed the example in Mcbluna's guide to back up Home Theater and applied it to Kodi.
    https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/guide-how-to-backup-your-home-theater-data/

I installed on Zidoo RARLab for Android and added the "addon" and "userdata" folders to the archive and created a ".zip" file without compression so I could then transfer it via SAMBA to the pc and vice versa.
    When I ptrove to restore the backup I perform the opposite operation on Zidoo.
    Actually having the Kodi data base in one file, and performing the transfer is faster.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  7. DMD

DMD Member

I have also experienced a similar problem with the Aeon MQ9 Skin, it is not smooth but it is very appealing to my taste, compared to the very popular interfaces of streaming media boxes.

manulover and 3DBuff like this.
  8. manulover

manulover New Member

It's exactly what happens to me.
    It's a shame that it's slow.
    Hopefully one day we can have kodi with the speed of covers that it has on computers. Greetings

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

KODI 20 Nexus RC1

EA8EAAE8-078E-472E-BF93-12CB09C8C084.jpeg Download KODI 20 Nexus RC 1

Visconti12 likes this.
  10. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Do you have Modified for Z9X with working AFR?

11. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

No its only just been released !

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

I use ZDMC daily, but based on past poor experiences with Kodi 17.0, 18.0 and 19.0 and most bugs not fixed until at least .1 or .2 releases, I'd certainly not be in a rush to install an early RC release of 20 :(

dwalme and Visconti12 like this.
  13. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Is it possible to use Zidoo Player when streaming movies or series in ZDMC?

14. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

ZDMC uses the Zidoo hardware player for all HD media and above and some DVD rips. It has no issues with DV/HDR so it may depend on your player settings and material source.
    For older SD codec's (.avi's are common) it can fall back to using Kodi player.

15. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I enabled external player from ZDMC player settings but it doesn't work. Working only when playing videos from my external hard drive.

16. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Not sure what you thought you needed to change but ZDMC is set up to automatically use the Zidoo hardware player by default. It is a fork of Kodi.
    Messing around too much with Kodi settings will likely cause you grief....

3DBuff likes this.
  17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Can support be added to ZDMC for playing BDMV folders? Even if it doesn't play full menu, at least recognize the folder as such and play the movie like HT4.0 can. Right now it just opens up the folders.

Also, can there be multiple folders combined to show the full list of movies on media like HT4.0 Poster wall?

Kodi has lots of potential and was my go to on the Shield Pro for MKVs only but now looking for something cohesive for all files types and full folder compatibility.

18. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

You can set Kodi to play back main title without opening menus and you can also install addons for java BD menu playback via kodi. I believe I have worked this out for ZDMC before as well. It worked quite well on both the shield and the zidoo boxes when I tried it a while back. So far Nexus is woorking very well on the shield. I keep all my kodi files on an ssd drive using the xbmc.properties link on the root storage , That way if something overrites kodi, its very simple to restore back access , In case of the Nexus build pushed via play, on the shield it broke that pointer file because of the permissions issue . once that was adjusted in the app settings , it was back to normal in 2 minutes vs. 2 hours of reconfiguring a custom skin and setup of a library. posterwall asbecome very stable as well as jellyfin so I havent used ZDMC as of too much lately. I think the flash memory is slow in the zidoo , so it just doesnt want to be as snappy as the shield or even poster wall, but its acceptable if you set expectations. i wonder if mapping to ssd drive on zidoo or even flash would relief some of the lag on the insternal storage. i have both a Z9X and Z1000Pro currently active under these scenarios.

B0RN likes this.
  19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Super Helpful! I just bought bunch of expensive NAS stuff so I could dabble with Jellyfin on the Z9X but rather use KODI if it can directly play movies in BDMV folders. Few questions:

1. how do I set Kodi to skip menus?
    2. does the Java BD menu work for UHDs as well? I am not looking for Oppo level reliability but something would be better than nothing as far as menus go.

If this works, I will end up saving a ton of time and money, Thank you!

20. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360250 ( I do not know if this works with Nexus, likely broken) But you can try and see

I do believe is support UHD menu as well, but cannot remember. Definately worked for BD, I have an oppo that JB as well as a China-Oppo Streamer black box as well that does handle menus flawlessly in DVD, BD, UHD. They are gems.

Go to DVD Playback setting in kodi and set to play main title or playlist vs BD Lite default option which opens up the choose box for playlist or chapter. etc. 9 times out of 10 it works. and if it does not you likely know that it is a non standard authored disc or different region. perhaps.

https://kodi.wiki/images/thumb/2/2a/Player_discs_BR.jpg/750px-Player_discs_BR.jpg

B0RN likes this.