ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. DMD

DMD Member

Thank you both for your solutions, but the problem lies in my old model, which still gives me a lot of satisfaction even though it cannot compete with the latest models.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yep - the E6 is bit for bit the same Dolby Block as the B6..

3. Markswift2003

The thing is that you will very rarely see this issue - most movies are 23.976 with a few at 24fps.

4K59 or 4K60 material is very rare outside of demos and personally I think 59/60fps movies (like Gemini Man) look absolutely awful - as if they're shot on a Go-Pro.

khollister and crutzulee like this.
  4. Topmetom2

Topmetom2 New Member

Just checking in from avforums, good to be here.

5. g1dtf

g1dtf New Member

What setting did you use to get 2K DV at 60 fps rather than the 1080 DV at 59.94 fps on your E6. I have a C6 OLED and Gemini Man and would like to try it at 2K60.

Thanks Andy.

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

2K is HD 1080p as 1920 pixels wide as far as I know
    compared to 4K as 3,840 pixels wide.

Gemini Man plays HD DV 1080 at 59.94 fps on my LG OLED 65E6. Looks amazing. Images are sharp in motion. No blur or visible frame cadence. It is so sharp and detailed I though it was 4K when I was watching it before ;)

7. vestedinterest

vestedinterest New Member

Hi, just seen my friend z9x, are all Dolby vision contents are in 'bt2020' ie 'Dolby Vision BT2020' is the info bar on his lg oled c6 tv?

But the thing is I read on mkvforum that this is wrong and give the wrong colors.

My MINIX U22 XJ-Max (Amlogic device) never has the BT2020 flag on DV contents and the colours are more deeper but more accurate in my eyes compared to the more brighter but mellowy colors on the z9x.

Many thanks.

8. Fade

Fade New Member

Would be nice to have some input from experienced people on this, got a C1 and as you say all DV material from MKV I try shows up as bt2020 DV. But I don't know if it's wrong or if it should do that.

9. Markswift2003

It doesn't matter whether it's flagged or not - The colour primaries are defined in the Dolby Block in the EDID.

A lot of players do this, including and Sony and Panasonic BD players.

Fade likes this.
  10. deibit

deibit New Member

The TV is telling you that you get the best possible color gamut (Rec.2020), together with the DV HDR engine that your source support.

What do you expect it to be "better" ? (we can discuss whether HDR10+ is better or worse than DV.. but at least the Rec.2020 is where you want to be)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
    Fade likes this.
  11. Grayson

Grayson New Member

Just setup my z9x and I can't seem to get remote backlight working. Am I doing anything wrong. Also I have a DV G2 oled. Any initial settings on the zidoo I should be aware of for DV and HDR content?

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

If your remote has a Backlight or Light button keep it pressed for a few seconds to turn on and repeat to turn off.

Grayson likes this.
  13. Grayson

Grayson New Member

Batteries were not strong enough. Working now

rozel likes this.
  14. toshu

toshu Member

I haven't been here in awhile
    What is the latest stable firmware that's available and where can I get it please.?

15. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

This has me curious and would like feedback from others:

I got a ATV+ subscription a long while ago and used my C9 Internal app to watch the show SEE S1 and was blown away by the picture quality. I then got a Roku Ultra and decided to watch the same show but something was off. Comparatively, the picture seemed dim overall and just wasn't hitting that sweet spot and a lot of banding so I retuned the Roku.

Then after a while, I got Nvidia Shield hoping I will use it for streaming but same issue occurred on its ATV+ app. DV Picture was dimmer compared to the C9 app and not as vibrant. I decided to keep using C9 for all streaming. You can see where this is going.

Now for sh**s and giggles, I tried the highest bitrate copy of the same show and even diff. episodes and Z9X plays the same dimmer DV picture quality. None of the devices can reproduce the colors and brightness of the C9. This has me questioning whether all content I'm watching through Z9X is dimmer in comparison to something like streaming.

If someone has access to both, I would be curious to know what they think. I know PQ can be quite subjective but its an instant noticeable difference between C9 and others on all episodes of SEE. I also took a quick glance at LOTR show on amazon last night and want to say its the same thing for that show but want to do more A/B testing before I can make that comparison in full confidence so it may not just be related to the ATV+ app either.

For reference, Z9X is connected directly to C9 and so were the previous devices.

16. Sam Abraham

Sam Abraham New Member

Are you using player led or tv led option in zidoo?

17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I use the default TV Led now but have tried both and they produce same results.

18. Kaiduss

Kaiduss New Member

Hello there. Not sure if this is the right thread to post it but I have a small issue with the built in Poster Wall app on my Zidoo Z9X. It doesn't happen often but for some TV shows, each season is treated like a separate title (called Season 1, Season 2 etc.) and they aren't put together into a collection by default. All the files within seasons are correctly assigned to a specific season but the seasons aren't put together. I use the same directory for all TV shows (Show name/show name season x) and it works well for most of them. I'm aware I can add the seasons to a collection and it works fine but the issue is, when I start watching the show, in the "Now watching" section it's the show's name and the show's background picture. For every other show it's the season number and a background picture of the next episode, which I much prefer. I know it's not that big of a deal but it bugs me a little and I'm wondering if there is a solution.

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I'm coming from the Shield Pro and I'm happy with the Z9X but I was thinking would it be possible to make a smaller and cheaper version in future?

I was thinking something like the Shield Pro plastic build/size and outputs, no need for front display, I watch my content from my NAS so no need for all extra ports etc, just something small that does the job with streaming local content, or would it not drive down the cost that much?

20. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Hi all, I just signed up and am a total newbie to the Z9X.
    Here's a question that hasn't been answered on other sites:
    The Zidoo Z9X has two HDMI ports, one goes to the projector but
    what I'm interested in knowing is what the HDMI IN is for ...
    Can be used to insert a FireStick4K MAX,
    or a Panasonic UB820 4K player,
    or a SKY decoder (4K)???

:)
    Good audio video
    Thank you
    Rudy

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023