Bookmark doesn't work after power off/on

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by David82p, Dec 11, 2016.

1. David82p

David82p New Member

Hello.
    I've tried with the player include in Explorer and with Kodi 16.1 and i've the same problem : when i power off my zidoo, it forget the bookmark of my videos. So each time, i have to remerber where i was in each video.
    Do you know how to correct this bug ?
    I've activated the bookmark option in the settings (of course).

2. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    please use the explorer to play the video, and it can use the bookmark.

3. David82p

David82p New Member

Yes, i did.
    When i read a video, then i stop the video, then i power off, then i power on : it works (the video begins where it was). But if i let the zidoo on for a few hours on the explorer for example, it commes back to the home so i think it has restarted because bookmarks don't work.

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Well, I saw the same behaviour on my X9S. Leaving it on explorer for a long time (when I go somewere else), when I come back very often I find X9S again on home, like after a reboot or a fresh start, no evidence of a crash (is there a way to log this kind of events?) and after this event I also noted the exact same "lost bookmark" .
    Only today, looking to David82p, I was aware that is a issue.

Another note: sometimes a kind of "pupup" appears saying something like or similar to "not enough memory".
    Maybe a bigger issue is there in 1.2.7 FW? Memory leak?

Again, I'm ready to help debugging, if you explain to me how to log it.

5. j0534ng31

j0534ng31 Member Beta test group

I suppose you are looking for the logcat '-b crash' option:
    Code:
    adb logcat --help

In your case, I'd begin by using one of those:
    Code:
    adb logcat -d -b all -s *:FE
    adb logcat -d -b all -s *:FEW

The optional parameters used are:
    • -d: to show the current log info and exit immediatly to the command prompt
      (Omitting it, the comand never ends, so it shows the debug info dinamically)
    • -s: to set the default filter to 'silent'
      (to avoid getting needless data, or more than we are looking for)
    • -b all: to send the request to every log buffer, as defaults are 'main' and 'system' buffers only
      Other buffers are 'radio', 'events', and 'crash'... so, a better option should be '-b crash'
      (However, the 'crash' buffer seems to be always empty in my X9S)
    • tag : priority: to filter the log information to show...
      • tag: to list the logged data for a given tag or system component
        • asterisk: to monitor all tags
          (useful if you don't know the name of the bugged component yet)
        • system_component: to specify any system component for monitoring
          (for instance: 'heathd', 'hwcomposer', 'ContentTaskController', 'AudioService', 'RtkHDMIService',...
      • priority: to only list the specified levels of data (one or more):
        • S: Silent
          (to suppress all output, as we did by using '-s', equivalent to '*:S')
        • V: Verbose
          (default priority for any specified tag or system component)
        • D: Debug messages
          (default priority for '*', or every system component)
        • I: Information messages
        • W: Warning messages
        • E: Error messages
        • F: Fatal error messages

6. PacoRabanne

But to use ADB usually you need to connect the device to a PC.
    Or is there another way? WiFi ADB seems not the right choice (may crash during crashes) and My X9S is far away from PC.
    And, more, I suppose I have to connect X9S to PC via a cable, I suppose an USB one, but is this cable the same as the one needed for X6 Pro, and are any special device driver need to be installed on PC to recognize X9S?
    And onec more, is ZidooLog APK another way to collect logs? Or is (again) not the best choice because may be chashed during crashes?
    (OK, never done an Android debug before, but I'm a well-disposed person :cool:

7. j0534ng31

First of all, adb is only a terminal interface to debug the system of the device...
    I mean: You can open a terminal (no matter what way, for instance by using any Terminal APP from Google Play), and write in it the same commands without the "adb " prefix. [See edition below]
    It should work, but in this very concrete case of viewing logs, I think it's not very useful (or, at least, it's not practical).

Adb daemon doesn't crash at the same time that Android... Even, you can stop and/or restart the whole Android system while being adb connected.
    It has been developed to be a debug interface... So, a good team of engineers had previously thought about those 'little' connection problems.

As far as I know, the USB ports are not linked to the adb interface in the Zidoo X9S... But you don't need it.
    I debug my Zidoo from a WiFi connection without any problem (and you can also use Ethernet)
    To make an adb connection to show the logcat, you should do something like:
    Code:
    adb kill-server
    adb connect Your_X9S_IP_Address:5555
    adb root
    adb logcat -d -b all -s *:FE

The X9S_IP_Address can be obtained from the Zidoo settings or, under certain circumstances, running an 'arp -a' command from a PC terminal.

About the 'ZidooLog APK', I've never used it... But I suppose it's used to show the logcat buffers of the running Android system.
    I prefer to store and study them on any PC, so I can cut/filter/color/search/... the log output as much as I need.

One more thing for you to think about:
    There is no problem if your device disconnects and/or restarts while adb connected...
    The log buffers are saved on the Android device, so it will be there when you'll reestablish the connection.

EDITED:
    Well, that's not true, or not exactly true...
    • Every 'adb shell "X Y Z"' command could be directly replaced by 'X Y Z' in a terminal session (i.e., by removing the 'adb shell' words).
      Being that true, note that 'adb shell' commands always run as root in the X9S... so you will need a previous 'su' command in terminal to play under the same rules
    • Several adb commands can be easily translated to android commands by removing the 'adb' word, or something very close.
      That's the case of:
      • adb logcat X Y Z --> logcat X Y Z
      • adb install/install-multiple X Y Z --> pm install X Y Z
        (although, the files to install should be located at PC or at Zidoo, respectively)
      • adb uninstall X Y Z --> pm uninstall X Y Z
      • adb reboot X Y Z --> reboot X Y Z
    • Yet another adb commands can be translated to a single android command, but not so similar:
      • adb root --> su
      • adb remount --> mount -o rw,remount /system
        (albeit seldom interesting, the real full equivalent command should be 'mount -o rw,remount /{system,vendor,oem}')
    • The rest of adb commands are used to ask the device for information, connect, reconnect, disconnect, backup, sync folders, send or receive files, and more...
      And, as far as I can tell, those commands are adb specific, or I don't know a simple way to translate them

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    PacoRabanne likes this.
  8. PacoRabanne

j0534ng31, thanks soooo much! Very qualified and deep enough explanation. Useful for any brave user that want to help and not only whine and ask.

I haven't (yet) studied android OS, nor developed anything for this platform.
    I'm going to do a little debug, but when I come back home I'm very tired, spending all my work time as a nerwork systems group manager plus some more "AOB"... so maybe not soon, unless Zidoo developers ask differently.
    ... but seems silent ...

Again, thanks!

9. j0534ng31

Please, do not think that I'm an Android guru, that's not the case... Surely, as a systems technician, I have more expertise and underlying knowledge than a common user, but certainly not to the extent to claim infallibility.

I've edited my previous post to correct an inaccuracy by adding more precise information. :oops:

PacoRabanne likes this.
  10. David82p

David82p New Member

For me, even when i turn off my zidoo, it forget the bookmarks so it's not only when it seems to crash. I think this might be a bug because, normally, it should remember bookmarks.