Beta version v6.4.35 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Tried MP 7 a bit more. There is for sure a stability problem with it-
    - Scrolling down a folder with roughly 300 tagged FLAC albums in it results always in a crash of the MP7 app.

Bertrum likes this.
  2. papirus

papirus Member

You're absolutely right, because I've been having the same sound problem for a few updates and I can't get sound on some videos. I've already written this on the forum.

For example, after watching a movie without any problems, if I take a break and wait for a long time in the screen saver and open a movie again, I cannot get the sound from the device.

These oddities with me started in the last 1-2 software and I had never encountered it before.

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

UHD3000:

I'm still on v6.4.20_G and not experiencing any of those problems so is there anything in UHD3000_P_v6.4.35_G_202209301601 that is worthwhile me updating or maybe sit it out till next one?

4. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

Don't update. Of the good changes in the Uhd3000 only the SACD muultichanel with 176.4khz sampling

Netmask likes this.
  5. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

Since updating I have added 3 TV shows and after scraping with TVDB none of the 3 show are showing any cast, anyone else seeing this problem?

6. audiom3

audiom3 Member

No issues with cast showing up on my box. I ripped a few shows yesterday as well.

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

You still can't edit details from TVDB using the web interface. Needs fixing

8. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I noticed that SMB transfer rate is slower in my Z9X. In my Android TV, I'm using X-plore File Manager Wi-Fi File Sharing feature to transfer files from my phone. Transfer rate is about 100-130Mbps while ZX9 SMB server is only 30-50Mbps. Both are connected to 5G Wi-Fi. Is there any chance I can speed it up? Thank you...

vddan likes this.
  9. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

Interesting, Did you scrape with TVDB? I also scrapped with TVmaze.

10. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

the .36 version is not good here. IT is messing up the DV engine on the Zx9, resulting in weird colors. Only a cold reboot solves it.

11. PascalSW

PascalSW New Member

V6.4.36 installed. Everything is working fine.

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you explain?

serg fedorov likes this.
  13. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

What are wrong colors? I don't notice anything of the sort.
    On the contrary, it has become much better, especially with the 7th FEL profile.
    Perhaps Mark or Miror will clarify the point of improving Dolby Vision? Are these improvements related to the rumored Dolby Vision LAB rework work or is it just the work of the zidoo team?

14. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Not sure what it is. Thing is that i was watching Episode 6, installed the update, watched 7, and the screen became or blueish, or redish. ( menu screen fine ) Subs in some sort of funny negative, It was a HDR .mkv, and have the Z9x on 'uses dv engine for HDR and DV". Screen is a LG42 C2 DV, latest FW.
    The only solution that solved it was to hard boot the z9x. As always with internet content, have to check other .mkv material to see if it is the rip/material, or the .36. But never had this.

15. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I have a really weird issue where it won't let me switch to auto. If I select Auto in HDR The screen goes black and I can only see one word really faint through the blackness and it is a bright pink color. This only started happening after I did a factory reset, then switched HDR to LLDV, now I can't switch it to auto.

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

change back from LLDV to the other option

17. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

It does not matter what I switch to. Switching to Auto from any option gives me a black screen

18. Markswift2003

This is all the Zidoo devs.

There was an issue that when playing Profile 8 on an HDR10 display using HDR > Auto that VS10 was invoked when the correct operation is to simply play the HDR10 layer as is. This has been fixed.

Also, when using the VS10 engine to play Profile 7 content on an HDR or SDR display, the RPU was not being used by VS10 so it was the same as HDR10 > VS10 HDR10. This has been fixed.

Also the transforms for DV > SDR conversion have been improved.

Without wanting to sound like a heretic, in essence now there is very little subjective difference between watching DV content on an SDR, HDR or DV display - and this is the whole point of VS10.

3DBuff and serg fedorov like this.
  19. Markswift2003

What's the word?

20. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

I would still like to see DSD over PCM for the Coax output.

DOP for Coax and maybe Optical output would be appreciated.
    At least DSD64 would work just perfect.