YouTube HDR anomaly

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by maxhim, Aug 27, 2021.

1. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Hi!

I am a YT Premium user, but on Zidoo, YT doesn't works HDR videos in HDR format. But in Smattube Next I can turn on HDR, it works, but then the picture lags a lot. Where can the error be? Thank you! :)

2. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Try SmartTubeNext old v11.45 and limited to 4K/30fps/vp9+hdr maybe are decent play of HDR clips.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  3. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Thanx for the answer. But no 30fps/vp9+hdr on the Video format menu.

16300941680438885381634524168603.jpg

If I limit it to 2160p, 60fps, 26.66Mbit, vp9, the lag ends. But logical: no HDR. I don't know, how?

4. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

4K/30fps/vp9+hdr are on SmartTubeNext Settings/Video Payer/Video Presets
    Capture0.PNG
    Resolution are depend on clip, from your screen choose 1440p/60fps/vp9+HDR to check if are play without lag.

5. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Ok, thx! I can just do it tomorrow.

6. ofir

ofir Member

Mentor27 likes this.
  7. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

Do you know what to do to make zidoo uhd 3000 play youtube smart audio in Dolby Digital. In the application settings, I switch the sound to 5.1, and then the game 2.0
    Nvidia Shield does not guess.

8. ofir

ofir Member

9. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

On Nvidia shield tv 2017, the SMART TUBE NEXT application works with Dolby 5.1 sound flawlessly.
    Of course, if this is the sound encoded in the movies. There is not much of it, but it works ... NOT FOR THE ZIDOO

10. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

With CoreElec also works 5.1 too

11. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  12. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Unfortunately not good for me :( When I set HDR (to any resolution, HDR only), EVERYTHING 4K video gets stuck. All! If I set it to non-HDR, everything works fine. And the same is true for SmartTube, factory Youtube and Vanced! I don't understand because the Z9X needs to know that!

13. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  14. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I've tested this video before. Unfortunately, the same. Even if I set it to 1440 / 2160p 24 / 30fps. So i don't understand! But this is not so important because the YOUTUBE app on TV is flawless. It's just weird that even my S905X3 processor media box knows flawlessly, and Z9X doesn't. But that was just only $ 45. True, CoreElec is running on it.

15. ofir

ofir Member

youtube support surround sound

also work on SmartTubeNext TV

16. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I know, but it doesn't matter. I only use the Z9x for cinema. I bought a Fire TV Max and installed SmartTubeNext on it. The Zidoo is not a stream player, I gave up on that direction.