Upgrading to 6.4.20-G wiped out my Posters and crashes when trying go to source button

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by dj1515, Sep 21, 2022.

1. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

Hi there, upgrading from 6.3.92-G to 6.4.20-G wiped out all my Home Theater 4.0 posters. now it shows “no posters”. it was working fine before upgrading. i was able to connect to a SMB fine, and the files were scanned and added. i am using an SMB connection to a NAS.

now when i go to “sources” the Home Theatre app just crashes to the home screen.

i tried installing Plex and it works, but if i map the shares in the app and go to play a movie, the Plex app doesn’t play the movie and crashes back to the Plex home screen. Plex works fine if the shares are NOT mapped and plays back the movie.

adding the same SMB sources to Media Center works fine and plays back fine.

is anyone else having this problem or can offer a fix?

thanks!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Never seen this behaviour before - The first thing I'd try is install the latest firmware rather than .20 or even reinstall .20.

It sounds like an issue with HT and maybe to do with database differences between .3.92 and .4.20 although that wouldn't explain the problem with the source selection.

3. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

what is the latest firmware and where can i get it?

everything was working fine before the upgrade.

4. Markswift2003

Sorry - just realised .20 is the latest public release :)

So you could try reinstalling .20. You can't revert easily to previous firmware, but you can reinstall the same one over the top again...

Failing that, a factory reset. As I say - never seen this behaviour before.

5. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

hi mark,

so when i got the unit yesterday i upgraded to the beta .20, then tried adding a source to HT, and after i added the source it didn't scan for posters, it did nothing. HT just said No Posters. then trying to go to the SOURCE button just made HT crash and go to the Zidoo home screen.

then i downgraded to 3.92 and everything worked fine... my SMB share was added and everything scanned fine.

i would have stayed on that version, but .20 adds some CEC stuff that works really well... so i upgraded, and my HT posters were all gone, and trying to add a source makes it crash like before.

i tried a factory reset on .20 but it didn't solve the issue.

how do i reinstall the same one?

also, Media Center works fine and will mount the SMB share and playback files fine. so this appears to be a bug in HT. how can i let Zidoo know about this and get it fixed, any idea?

6. Markswift2003

You should be able to just install it over the top. Not a clue what's going on there at all - the only time you ever see "No Posters" after a scan is if the source is no longer available - eg a network resource that's changed IP address or a USB device that's no longer plugged in. Never had the box crash while trying to add a source and I though I was the master at crashing these things!

7. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

hi, if i try to update it just says “your software is up to date” in the update app when i try the online update. so that doesn’t work. were you recommending a USB update instead?

so this box is pretty useless without being able to have HT connect to my NAS.

it’s a synology connecting using SMB. so HT just crashes now when even trying to select a source. any idea what i can do? the old firmware worked but had no CEC control for AVRs.

if i emailed Zidoo would they help? do you have a connection there that listens to your issues?

i tried clearing all data from HT, but that didn’t help. i spent almost 10 hours yesterday working on this so it’s pretty depressing.

8. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

There is a thread in this forum that has the latest update. The only way you can update over top of an update is to do the update manually. Download it from this forum make sure it is the correct version and don't unpack the file, leave it as it is. Save it to a USB drive then pop it in your machine then go into settings and choose USB update.

9. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

i will try overwriting .20 again but i doubt it will solve my issue. this looks like a bug connecting to SMB NAS or something.

updated:it didn’t do anything. home theater still crashes back to the home screen after selecting the source button.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  10. Markswift2003

Try resetting HT4

HT4 Settings/Library/Clear Data > Clear

11. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

hi, i tried that, it didn't fix the issue.

after a factory reset it lets me add the SMB share, but as soon as i press OK, nothing happens and it goes to the HT homescreen and doesn't scan.

then when i try to go to "open source" or "sources" it crashes to the zidoo homescreen.

after clearing data the same thing happens.

6.4.20 doesn’t work.

6.3.92 works.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022