Google Movies

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Clyde Lea, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Clyde Lea

Clyde Lea New Member

Are there any plans to make the Zidoo x6 compatible with the Google Movies app? I understand because of Apple's approach that iTunes movies are unavailable, but I can't understand why Google Movies are incompatible with this device.

2. Adl

Adl Member

need http://www.widevine.com/ licences

3. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

4. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

There's no problem installing the app or in-app purchasing of movies and television episodes. You just have to play them back on another device. Same problem with Google's Youtube app. You can watch all of the free Youtube content you want, but not the movies or television episodes you purchase in-app. In almost every case, you can purchase the very same content from the very same studios through Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, Sling, HBO Now, etc. and it will playback on your Xidoo X6. So its a deliberate DRM technical problem created by the Google licensing cartel.

5. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Read question again. You can install Google Play Movies, but you will unable to play any movie. Another Zidoo fault. They either did not purchase license, or they don't know how to implement it in their firmware. Most likely - both.

On Cyanogenmod nightly on my phone, which is even rooted by default I can play fine any mogie purchased from Google Play.

6. Mikssa

Mikssa New Member

To be honest, I have no idea why Google movies can't be played in this devices. The more as I know is all iTunes movies are encrypted with DRM protection, it can't be played on non-Apple devices. If the trouble for you is about how to play iTunes movies on Apple unauthorized devices, you may have to remove DRM protection and convert iTunes videos from M4V to MP4 with professional DRM Media Converter. The tool for me is M4V converter for mac, it is designed to convert iTunes videos at 30x faster speed with zero loss quality. Maybe you can get more details on here. Hope this tip is useful to you.

7. Frank_David

Frank_David New Member

As I know, Google Play movies are DRM protected too. This means that you can't transfer then elsewhere for playback unless you authorize it. I personally don't watch Google movies, Instead I watch the iTunes movies. Similarly, they are protected with the FairPlay DRM protection, in order to transfer the movies to other devices, I have to remove DRM. If you enjoy itunes movies, you can learn more by checking this iTunes video converter for mac. By the way, please keep in mind that some regions don't allow to remove drm from iTunes m4v movies for commercial, we'd highly recommend you use it for personal only.

8. blackshady

blackshady New Member

I have a simple and practical method. Why not just convert the movies into MP4 and transit them into Zidoo? If you don't have a converter, I have one to recommend.
    It is a m4v converter for mac that I bought two months ago, and I have convert a dozen of DRM-protected movies with it. It is able to remove DRM and convert movies into MP4, AVI, M4V, MOV, MPG and other formats. The quality of the converted video is awesome and the conversion is super fast.

9. chdofficial

chdofficial New Member

Read question again. You can install Google Play Movies, but you will unable to play any movie.