Forced Subtitles not working at all for me. HT Mediainfo Wrong!!!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I have Sub titles turned off, and forced subtitles option set to follow default flag. Even though the subtitles have been set to forced flag, HT does not show that they are forced in the More mediainfo option. I am 100% sure that they are set with the default flag and forced flag cause I tripple checked. My mediainfo on my pc shows them properly labelled but in HT it shows the wrong info.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If MediaInfo on the the Zidoo doesn't show a SubTitle as Forced then the file isn't correctly tagged in the header. If it is correctly tagged it works perfectly. Again, a file problem.

upload_2022-9-6_8-37-14.png

upload_2022-9-6_8-37-35.png

upload_2022-9-6_8-37-55.png

AngryVirginian and xskip like this.
  3. Nicholas Hewitt

Just because it works for you does not mean it works for me...... My mrdia info on my PC says it is default track and forced. if Zidoo uses mediainfo why does it say differently...... Also anytime I try to enable subtitles on my Z9X it crashes? happens with all Dolby Vision files..... I don't know how to post images to prove you wrong....

4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

In my case, a french user, the complete subtitles are set to « follow the default flag » for the part of my collection with an audio track in another language. For the forced subtitles, I set it to « french ». All the subtitles tracks are set to default or forced with MKVToolnix depending of the situation. With those settings, everything works as it should. If you have changed the flags for a video, don’t forget to refresh the metadatas (button more on the detailed page of the movie).

The only issue that I have is when I want to turn off the forced subtitles in manual while I am watching a movie (subtitle button of the remote). The action is ignored by the zidoo and the forced subtitles keep to be displayed.

5. stephen0804

stephen0804 New Member

what firmware version are you using? Because i had the same problem until i updated to the latest firmware and then it started working.
    I'm currently on the latest beta firmware and it works as intended.

6. Nicholas Hewitt

I just did a factory reset and am starting from scratch. It has been a while that I have not done a factory reset. I'm on the latest beta. I had the problem before with my dolby vision files crashes whenever selecting subtitles and fixed it with a factory reset. Why is this even a well known solution? I have never had to factory reset my Nvidia Shield, My Apple TV, or any other device except my modem to get it to work again. With Zidoo device it's common practice cause the devices are so buggy. Hopefully this factory reset fixes my subtitle problem, My slow loading of posters, my crashes, and My problem with moving movies in my custom categories.

7. lanz

lanz Member

Personally I have to reset my Shield (Pro 2019) regularly, otherwise I have serious playback troubles with Kodinerds. A simple reboot does not work. I'm almost regretting the days of MPC-HC and madVR. ;)

Concerning HomeTheater, I seriously think that Zidoo should open the source and allow everyone to fix the bugs.