Question about Z1000 Pro functionality

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Glenn, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Press and hold the Power button and you are given the choice of either "Power Off", "Standby" or "Ask".

Standby leaves the OS in memory so the box doesn't have to boot up. In both cases, the network card is active only in 10 Base-T allowing for WOL magic packets but general network access is not available.

2. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Thanks @Markswift2003 for the info but if Standby doesn't give access to the USB then it looks like I am leaving it on.

On another question would you know how I can change the share names of the internal HDD and USB?

When I access the Z1000 from my PC I see a folder called Share and under that I see a folder called Storage (which is the Z1000's storage) and then the HDD is called B820D35E20D724E2 and the USB is called AE48986D4898365D? Do you know how I can change them?

Also would you know if I can delete the LOST.DIR and System Volume Information from the HDD and USB?

Thanks

3. Glenn

Glenn New Member

So would anyone know how I can change the share names of the internal HDD and USB?

When I access the Z1000 from my PC I see a folder called Share and under that I see a folder called Storage (which is the Z1000's storage) and then the HDD is called B820D35E20D724E2 and the USB is called AE48986D4898365D? Do you know how I can change them?

Also would you know if I can delete the LOST.DIR and System Volume Information from the HDD and USB?

I've searched the net and the forums and can't find any info on my two questions.

Thanks

4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Yes (same with the android folder) but they will go back in the case of LOST.DIR and Android. $RECYCLE.BIN and System Volume Information will go back if you plug-in the HDD to a PC with Windows.

All These folders should be hidden by default in the Zidoo, just as they do with the .Hometheater folder.

5. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Thanks for your reply. None of these are hidden by my Z1000 and I have the setting set to not show hidden folders / files.

Do you know how to change the share names on the Z1000? Doesn't seem that strange of a question / request but no one seems to know?

6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

No, I don’t know.

7. Glenn

Glenn New Member

OK thanks anyway, hopefully someone else knows.