Transferring Miami Vice

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by William Brett Kramer, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Hello all,
    I've been working on transferring all of the episodes from the blu-ray Miami Vice collection to my Z10 Pro and I've had great luck with the exception of 1 episode which is driving me crazy.

I'm trying to transfer the very last episode in the series, Season 5 Episode 21 to my internal Ironwolf 10tb drive and the episode cannot find it's way in the Season 5 Group.

I'm labeling the episode the same way as all of the others: "Miami.Vice.s05e21", but the episode won't integrate with the rest of the group. Has anyone else experienced this issue with this set? I've tried using capital letters with "S" and "E" to no avail. Can anyone offer some advice on how to get this episode to join the others?

2. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Try adding the title to see what happens. Example: “Miami Vice-s05e21-Leap of Faith.mkv”.

PS: I don’t have this video, but # 22 is listed as the last episode, “Too Much, Too Late”

3. Thank you for your help Cappy1, I tried as you suggested, but still the same results. I've been using TVDB and that site labels the final episode, Season 5, Episode 21 as "Too Much, Too Late". (s05e21)

Labeling as you suggested gets me to the same place, Z10 sees the episode as an independent film, giving it it's own icon and placing it outside of my, "Miami Vice" collection, very frustrating.

4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Are you sure that you used TVDB to scrape the TV Show, and not TMDb? I ask because this episode is not on TMDb for a weird reason (the one as explained here : https://miamivice.fandom.com/wiki/Season_5). I've already had such issue with the last episode of the fifth season of Grimm.

They put this episode in the specials (S00E01).

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  5. Thanks, yes, I used TVDB to scrape the episodes and not TMDB. I also tried "assigning" the individual episode to the pre-existing Miami Vice "Collection", but that didn't work either. There's also a "TVMAX" option, which I tried and that didn't work.

6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Ok, this is weird.

Did you try to rename all the episodes of the show, for example like that : Miami Vice (1984).S01E01 ?

7. Yes, I tried exactly that, renaming all of season 5, just like your example and the system put all 20 Episodes of Season 5 back in the proper season/folder. Unfortunately, that did not work, for some reason, the system can't cope with s05e21. Season 5 Episode 21 is the only episode in the entire series that will not fit neatly into it's season folder with everything else. I used TVDB as the scraper, tried everything. An odd thing happens when I try to add it to a "Miami Vice" Collection. When I bring up my list of collections, I see a set of Three Miami Vice collections. I tried to dig into this and possibly delete two of the three, but got nowhere. The episode is listed on TVDB as a "Series Final", but it's right there, listed with the other episodes in Season 5.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Could you make a backup of your database in HT and then, erase all the data at the same place? After that, you could point to the folder with this show in the Sources, start the scan of this source and see what happens on the posterwall. It's just to see how it goes with a fresh database. You will be able to restore your original database later, after an erase of this "test database".

9. Thanks for your help, but that's further than I want to dig into this system. Everything else is working just fine & I would hate to mess things up over one Miami Vice episode