4K UHD Dolby Vision "issue" and some other first time questions :)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DHP, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

With such large HDD, you're better to have a backup or you will cry if something goes wrong. The same for lower capacities by the way.

I talk about that because this is exactly what happened to a Zidoo's user on another forum, after a HDD failure, and he lost all his collection.

DHP likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I mirror EVERYTHING. ALWAYS.

I was taught back in the early 90s to treat hard discs as consumables and have never forgotten - they start to die from the first time you power them on...

thenextvision, Netmask and DHP like this.
  3. DHP

DHP Member

The 4K UHD Blu-Ray, issue is driving me insane :(

No matter how I rip my movies, they play back in HDR10 @ 60Hz, when I play them back as full Blu-Ray rip with/via the menu, if I play the via the "direct" play option where you don't get the menu, they play back correct in the correct framerate and with the correct HDR format, either DolbyVision or HDR10.
    I have tried everything, even re-muxing the full disk via BD-Rebuilder and even downloading the same disc that I own, just to see if they preform any different, and all have the same issue :confused:

Normal 1080p Blu-Ray with plays correctly via the menus, matching framerate, colorspace and so forth, and of cause all MKV files and other formats play, I really don't get it, and I am tearing my hair out :eek:

What am I doing wrong, I am beginning to think that either the Zidoo Z9X is not able to play back UHD 4K Blu-Ray discs with full menus with framerate and HDR format matched correctly or I am doing something compleatly wrong and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is :(

Please help a desperate Zidoo Z9X owner, the player is bought for the sole purpose of playing UHD 4K Blu-Ray discs with full menus, and no matter what I trie I can not get it to do this, I will provide all the info needed to solve this, just tell me what to post here ??

The desperate but grateful Zidoo Z9X owner :)
    Dennis

4. DHP

DHP Member

Will start up a new thread dedicated to the UHD Blu-Ray issues, because The other issues in this thread are solved, so if an administrator wants to close this thread down that would be great :)