Hdmi input function? Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Z9x setup, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Z9x setup

Z9x setup New Member

Hi

I have a Z9X
    Firmware v6.0.035

I tried to record a signal connecting a hdmi cable to hdmi in and use original hdmi in app.
    But i cant get a signal. It only says "No HDMI Signal"

Does this work for you guys?
    Thanks for help

2. Biplab

Biplab New Member

Hi Z9x did you get any solution for this issue.

3. Z9x setup

Z9x setup New Member

No not yet. Tell me if you get a solution please.

4. dferregu

dferregu Member

5. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

what is the hdmi in used for?

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

For displaying of/recording from devices with HDMI out. Have no experience with this though.

7. dferregu

dferregu Member

what is the hdmi in used for?

It is used for example for:

1) Record / backup your old super8, vhs, dvd, etc memories on digital 1080p (REAL HD) files. You can connect your personal digital camera (Super8, VHS, VHS-C, Beta, etc...) to "RCA to HDMI AV to HDMI Converter" "Composite CVBS to HDMI Video Audio Converter Adapter". Then you connect the HDMI output of the converter to the HDMI IN "input" of your zidoo (X9S, Z9S, Z9X) and record on .ts files direct to hdd. Resume, you backup at high definition your old memories without complicate software, you save time and you gain quality. Do it as soon as you analog records lose quality colour.
    2) record your TV program as you used to do with VHS or BETA in 90`s... You can connect a HDMI splitter in the output of your set top box provider (movistar, sky, etc...) and record in .ts files format direct to hdd using all the capacity (1Tb, 2Tb, etc...)
    3) Your personal IP TV Channel at home. You can connect a camera, a computer, your set top box provider (movistar, sky, etc...) transmit the signal on your LAN and watch on another TV, computer, tablet or smart mobile.
    4) Your personal IP TV Channel to the world. You can connect a camera, a computer, your set top box provider (movistar, sky, etc...) transmit the signal over internet and watch on another TV, computer, tablet or smart mobile. I am not sure how many clients support.

¿more ideas friends?

best regards
    David

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

HDCP protected content can't be recorded in short.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Probably would be more useful if Zidoo could provide some means to convert this socket to a second HDMI OUT. I gather though that this isn't possible, unless someone knows better?

10. dferregu

dferregu Member

I talk about multiple NO PROTECTED media!! My personal media and PUBLIC TV that it is not protected by any RIGHT.

Of courser there are tecnical ways to avoid protected signal. Us a hdmi splitter and it will delete the HDCP protected signal.

11. thx3600

thx3600 New Member

Hi, is it possible to connect a Blu Ray player (as my Pana DP-UB820) to HDMI IN using the Zidoo as pass-through?
    I have only one HDMI cable goes to VPR.
    Tks

12. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi

so for instance say I wanted to record content from the Zidoo box to apps within my TV would it better to go with a switch or a splitter?

13. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Hi,
    is it possible to know if it is possible to connect a reader like the Panasonic UB820 or, e.g.: a Firestick 4K MAX and have the vision
    in 4K (DolbyVision) via the HDMI output towards a 4K TV and/or video projector?.. Since the Zidoo Z9x would be capable of it?
    GoodAudioVideo
    Thank you
    Rudy

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  14. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Hi,
    another question:
    From GOOGLE PLAY STORE you can download the "NETFLIX / PRIMEVIDEO / DISNEY+ or other" APPs
    while maintaining the max vision, I mean HDR10+ / DOLBY VISION AND DOLBYATMOS / DTS AUDIO: X ?
    GoodAudioVideo
    Thank you
    Rudy

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  15. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi Rudy
    From when I’ve tried I wasn’t able to get DV or Atmos to work with Netflix and can’t even get Disney + to work at all even YouTube isn’t as clean compared to other sources I have Nvidia shield and use it to mainly stream those apps and the Zidoo for local content

Bdub48

16. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

@Bdub48
    Thank you...
    As far as the connection with the "HDMI IN" is concerned, what can you tell me...
    Is it possible to connect a 4K player or other peripherals or not?
    GoodAudioVideo
    Rudy

17. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

It worked for me when I’ve tried to plug in my Nvidia shield I would think would work with a player also haven’t tried it though

Bdub48

18. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Ok, thanks...
    that's what I wanted to know BUT...how did it work, ie, did it give you "HDR10+ DOLBY VISION and its audio ATMOS and DTS:X" ?
    GoodAudioVideo
    Rudy

19. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

It didn’t for me with the shield can’t use Disney + Netflix prob works but not it Dv seems atmos didn’t work ither but that could depend on the player being used

Bdub48

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  20. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Ok, thanks...:)
    Anyway. it's very strange, an "HDMI in" port should work as such ... what's the point of castrating it in this way,
    as well as "GOOGLE PLAY STORE" if it doesn't work 100% they could save themselves the "effort" of inserting it among the available APPs .
    It's not a complete unit, at that amount it should give 100% to the buyers, so I will NOT proceed with the purchase...sorry!:(:(:(
    GoodAudioVideo
    Thank you
    Rudy