MKV with Dolby Vision stuttering

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Stratos_K, Jan 7, 2022.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 I agree with you 100% . My 2 NAS's are rather old now - they work perfectly - but I keep them on NFS and as you know, if they're not broke - don't fix them!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi Markwift2003
    And this is why you should reply if you have the knowledge share it to spread the wealth. Put yourself in someone else’s shoes there I’m sure was a time you didn’t know what you know now and again helps a lot of people to pass it on to someone else just my opinion. Not all of us will have a jerk response as again we’re all trying to learn. At Any-rate it seems it was the cable brand I was using . Part of my research that I was using your name was mentioned about this having something to do with the rj45 connector and it seems this problem is solved.

Bdub48

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Absolutely, but I've replied a million times and always given the same answer. I'll stick my oar in every now and again if I think it's pertinent but in my experience most people don't like to be told or indeed believe that their network and or files are the problem and prefer to blame the box.

rozel likes this.
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

These issues are plastered all over the forum - suggest you use "Search". I get that the forum could be better structured but nevertheless, the Search function - top right - is your friend. What tends to be annoying though are new members who tend to blame the Zidoo first - I realise that you haven't done so but you can understand some "senior" members not wanting to repeat themselves over and over again. Just my tuppence worth

5. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi Rozel

This is true about the search button but sometimes you have to know what your looking for before you can reach that point. I came across this thread not by using the search button on this forum but by Google search. Also I’m somewhat a new member and sometimes when you have knowledge on a subject or can help a person out that doesn’t quite know it could help to send a link to the subject at hand again all of us are trying to learn just my 2 cents about it.

Bdub48

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Bdub48 - you are quite right, I suppose I'm sticking up for our SUPER Administrator. He is so hard working on here and his knowledge shows no bounds - it would be a massive loss if we were to lose him. But in his comments above just before my own - he does stick his oar in as do others when they can. With a few exceptions this is an extremely friendly forum with tons of information as to how to set up and play, what is deemed to be the best Media Player around. In all but 0.001% of cases, you will get there in the end :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. audit13

audit13 New Member

I have an old QNAP NAS running Raid 5 connected with Ethernet to a cheap TP-Link router and share via SMB2/3 to a first Gen Apple TV 4K, z9x, and Win10 HTPC via Wifi with no stuttering. I've been fortunate in this regard with my playback devices.

Good luck, I hope you are able to isolate and remove the problem.

Bdub48 likes this.
  8. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi Audit13

I think i was able to fix the problem . I changed to an older cat7 cable i had and tried it on another 4K movie i had and had no studer/judder.

Thank You I really appreiciate the help and hope you have a good day/week.

Bdub48

9. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi Rozel

There's no problem with that and I'm sure you run into all kinds and can be infuriating. And yes i know Markswift2003 is very knowledgeable on all theses issues. All i was saying were not all the same and i certainly wasn't blaming the Z9x or Zidoo in general i was simply looking as to why i was receiving studer/judder Via Ethernet and not WiFi. I have pretty much found out why and have taken the apricate steps to fix the issue.

Thnaks and have a good one.
    Bdub48

rozel likes this.
  10. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi Again Rozel,
    I saw you commenting on another thread in regards using the HDMI IN port and was wondering if you had any success with it?

Bdub48

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

N0, sorry. I don't use it.

Bdub48 likes this.
  12. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Thanks for the response

13. Bigbwb

Bigbwb New Member

For those using DVDFab to rip mkv 4k UHDs with DV, any special settings or options I should be selecting or not selecting when ripping? I want to be able to utilize the Dolby vision hdr on my movies.

thanks,