Beta version v6.4(7).20 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO X/NEO S/NEO Alpha

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As far as #1 goes, do you still have "demo" set as an ignore word in HT?

I only have "trailer" set in mine and if I add a dummy file "IMAX Enhanced Demo Content Vol. 1" to HT, it sees it fine:

upload_2022-8-3_8-41-13.png
    Again, for #2, look for strings in the title that match ignore words. For example a few months ago I couldn't figure out why "Angels and Demons" wouldn't show up but it was because of the string "Demo" in the word Demons.

xskip likes this.
  2. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Not sure what type/model nas you have, but over here i solved all my SMB issues ( Synology ) by making complete new folders ( film/series ) on the NAS, and be 100 % clear to set the user rights/permissions correct. Since that was the issue over here. Something ( not sure what ) was wrong with permissions, and that resulted in the same issues you describe?

3. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Thanks to @Markswift2003 , online trailers are now working for me after a factory reset (some python code failed to start, causing it to find the trailers, but not play them. A reset sorted the code failure out).

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Great catch Mark. Thanks.

Yes the word demo was causing both issues. Clear why stopped it blocked the IMAX bluray. With 'Evil' the third season has a common thread where many (but not all) of the episodes start with 'The Demon of...'. Removed 'demo' in prefeerences and all present.

Surely a fix is needed so HT only excludes the word 'demo' and not words starting with 'demo'!

5. Markswift2003

The exclusions have to work as strings otherwise you have to define delimiters (like . or / etc) and then you're restricting how it works. For example if you have a file like MovieName.trailer.ext, if you used "trailer" as a separate word with a space delimiting it, it wouldn't work.

You could of course change the exclusion from trailer to .trailer but so far I've not come across a movie name with "trailer" in the title..

The easiest is just to remove demo as an exclusion as you've done - there's no real reason to keep it and it's excluded in later versions of HT since it can commonly occur in words as a string - just in your case you never removed it so it carried over through newer HT versions.

blenky likes this.
  6. andy22

andy22 Active Member

That's a bit silly, what you normally do with exclude filters in media context, is this:
    • drop the file extension
    • split the filename by tokens [ ,-._&#] into segments
    • remove any unwanted char's/tokens
    • trim the segments of whitespaces and convert to lowercase
    • now compare the search string to the segment
    Ofc alternative you could just optionally support regular expressions, which if setup correctly can solve all matching cases.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  7. Markswift2003

Exactly - a substring search, and that's essentially what it does, and it works just fine.

Regular expressions might be a sledgehammer to crack a nut in this case.

8. andy22

andy22 Active Member

That's not a String.substring() call, the final call should be a String.equals(segment, excludeToken).

The issue you are having essentially comes-up in most media/filename based filtering and has been solved in various ways.
    You don't just do a basic substring search on the whole filename, you search by token filtering, since we know that the token can be a part of the actual name.
    Its just a few more lines of code to get this mostly right, ultimately i don't really care, since i don't use HT4.

9. Markswift2003

So, and bear with me here, how would you decide to scrape for example "Trailer Park Boys The Movie.mkv" and not "Ghostbusters Trailer.mkv" - the former being a movie and the latter being a trailer?

Or make it more difficult - scrape the movie "Haunted Trailer.mkv" but not "Ghostbusters Trailer.mkv"?

10. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

I noticed that a lot of trailers that work not or half ( sound drop or only first seconds) are Chinese kung fu movies.
    I thought there was a fix already for a similar problem.

11. I have a truenas whit 100tb in Zpool and whit windows the smb works perfecte 115mb a seconden so its really the problem of the zidoo

12. Happy for you, but that doesnt mean something isn't going on for other users. I brought this up previously about HT doing FULL library scans when a file is updated instead of just scanning the file that changed and someone else said they had the same issue and Mark even tested and saw something strange going on with Unraid.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/feature-requests-for-ht4-0.91598/page-13#post-172734

13. andy22

andy22 Active Member

First off, i was referring to the example for 'The Demon of...', which should never be matched by "demo", that's just silly in all cases.
    Secondly your examples are precisely, why nearly all other media-centers use suffix-metadata handling for this. So you can exactly differentiate between the actual title and meta-information like "trailer, demo, sample".
    https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/server/media/movies.html#file-suffix
    https://www.plexopedia.com/plex-media-server/general/organize-movie-files-plex/#differentversions

So your examples would look like this:
    "Trailer Park Boys - The Movie.mkv"
    "Ghostbusters Trailer-trailer.mkv"
    "Haunted Trailer.mkv"

That's also why we often use "[some metadata]" in filenames, since we need some boundary characters to encode metadata into the filename.

PS: Btw i get the "demo" example, since that not a commonly used metadata token, yet "trailer" is. So how do you flag files as trailers in HT? How does HT handle multiple file versions like 3D, HDR ...?

14. Markswift2003

Er yes - Kind of my point entirely - I was just trying to figure out why you said my use of MovieName.trailer.ext was "a bit silly" when it makes perfect sense to me.

upload_2022-8-3_21-51-4.png
    HT allows you to use suffixes to define exclusions such as trailers, demos, recipes for onion soup etc.

I use a period as a delimiter so essentially this is a suffix of .trailer and I can define the exclusion as .trailer in HT so there's no way a movie will accidentally be omitted (unless the next Trailer Park movie is ".Trailer Park - The Suffix"...).

Like a lot of things in HT, if you know how it works, it works exceptionally well.

HT also handles 3D, HDR etc through the use of suffixes for different versions (see attached PDF) although most properties that used to be handled with suffixes are now handled on scraping after MediaInfo parsing was implemented during scraping rather than at runtime (see attached deprecated PDF).

Attached Files:

xskip likes this.
  15. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Some misunderstandings here, so let me try to explain.
    "a bit silly" was in response to having 'demo' match 'The Demon of...'.

Usually you don't want user's to define substring tokens, so even in your example the user should still just define "trailer" or "demo" as token. The reason is that you want to hide special metadata token handling, while also supporting multiple metadata chars. Its just unreasonable to expect users to understand how String pattern/logic work internally.
    So note how Jellyfin/Plex accept multiple chars "_.- ", that's because for filename filters, it split by those tokens, so lets look at a example.

"Ghostbusters Trailer - 1080p .trailer.mkv" would split into:
    [0] = Ghostbusters Trailer
    [1] = 1080p
    [2] = trailer
    [3] = mkv

Now we handle metadata filters based on those tokens, so if the user defines "trailer" in some logical way, we check each token against it. Additionally we can also assume that the first token is the title and the last the file extension.
    So we would not expect the user to define ".trailer" as exclude token, we hide this implementation detail. So ".trailer", "_trailer", "-trailer" would all match the filter.
    Usually "(1234)" and "[]" also have special meaning/handling and are also split into tokens or discarded.

PS: That's not to say, there is something wrong with the HT4 logic, i just try to explain what i would expect and how thing's work in some other media software.

16. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

A good source to start with is understand HDMI and HDCP - google is your best friend. You will then certainly understand
    1. You might want, if you're interested, read about what it entails to sell hardware with HDMI ports and which manufacturer are on the list : https://hdmi.org/adopter/adoptersaffiliates
    2. the content (aka free to air receiver, pc & games) is relevant for copyRIGHT matters but is irrelevant regarding transmission over HDMI. Transmission matters only if it's a digital signal means 1:1 original) -> which is the case for HDMI -> which needs 1. to be licenced on both HDMI hardwares connected together and 2. encrypted (HDCP - copyPROTECTION).
    YES for the content and YES there is copyPROTECTION required for EVERYTHING which goes over HDMI.
    Of course it worked through SCART IN....that's was not digital
    - because times change, the studios seek to protect their intellectual property rights and in several countries, in 2022, a player like this medley evo 3 could be seized by customs with bad luck
    - ZIDOO is HDMI adopter since 2016 ............
    -I would be very surprised if we see such an official update anytime soon

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  17. I've noticed with this FW release (and the previous beta/alpha), is that if I play my BDMV rip with menus, is sets the refresh rate of the movie to 60Hz.
    If I play the file directly (select "play" rather than "BD", it outputs the correct refresh rate.

I observe this with 4K BDMV rips - BR rips seem to switch to 24Hz.

For some context, my display is a 1080p display (Panasonic ST60), receiver is an Onkyo RZ730.
    I play back my rips via SMB over Wifi.

My Z9X is configured to switch refresh rate.

18. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I found a weird bug. When I click on a movie I've already watched and have a watched indicator on it, It loads the Movie detail page properly, but if I back out to the Movies page after. The watched indicator disappears and doesn't return till I back out to the HT Main page and then back to the Movies page.

19. Markswift2003

Gotcha - yes, I understand substring logic but I like the way Zidoo works with being able to define any substring you want rather than hiding delimiters and hard coding a set of exclusions, although as you say, a combination of both, ie definable exclusions and hidden delimiters might be preferable to stop the Demons from hiding...

20. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022