Issues with MP4 trailers.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by thenextvision, Jul 24, 2022.

1. thenextvision

thenextvision New Member

I'm having issues with local trailers that are MP4 files. I get out of sync sound or just plain static. Furthermore, I also played a MP4 movie and the sound was out of sync. Is there any fix? I tried using Handbrake to change to MKVs, but that didn't work.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

MP4 is just a container so it depends what’s inside the file - what codec etc.

The trailers are played with the online player not the Zidoo player so compatibility is less.

I have had no problems with any files downloaded from YouTube or Trailer Addict amongst many others so you need to look to the file source.

Also, because it uses the online player, playback is not as smooth as the Zidoo player.

3. thenextvision

thenextvision New Member

I was contacted by Zidoo. They recommended a full reset. MP4s work now.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That’s weird! Glad it’s sorted :)

thenextvision likes this.
  5. thenextvision

thenextvision New Member

Well, the delay of audio is back again this morning. I didn't change any settings, just to make sure it was OK. Oh well, no MP4s for me for now.

6. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I have had several downloaded trailers in the MP4 container that did not play properly using Zidoo's internal player.. .but after converting to MKV, they play just fine. I use a program called HD Video Converter Factory Pro.

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

No need for a paid program when MKVToolNix is free and is simple to use. No re-encoding quality in = quality out. Takes a few minutes.

8. thenextvision

thenextvision New Member

No need. Support had me do a reset now MP4 files play correctly.

9. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Isn't that the second time you have had to do that though?

10. thenextvision

thenextvision New Member

No, I accidentally made two threads.