Beta version v6.4(7).20 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO X/NEO S/NEO Alpha

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Macmark

Macmark New Member

Thank you for adding a software update to the Zidoo Neo Alpha. I have had it for a week and the main problem was the lack of a center channel when playing SACD.ISO and DSD files from the MCH track in DSD Native mode. The basis for the purchase of Neo Alpha was the replacement of Pioneer DV-LX50 (DVD format) and Oppo BDP-83SE (Blu-ray format) for playing music from CD, DVD, SACD and Blu-ray discs ripped to files, and in the case of DSD played as DSD Native.

Today I will install 6.7.20 software and let me know if the center channel is working for DSD MCH in DSD Native mode.

I think that a well-prepared review of Neo Alpha - Nice Monkey; Sledgehamma - should also include DSD MCH playback in DSD Native mode, because in this respect it is a unique device on the market :)

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you @mirror - much appreciated as usual :)

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am in fact waiting for MP7 advancements for a review. These are well under development from what I see lately.
    I don't see any problems with SACD handling with this FW including MCH via HDMI. Except turning off my TV while listening. SACD then drops back from MCH to 2CH and I need to re-start the Neo player to get it back again.

Reported for MP7 and not fixed yet:
    - DTS-CD at 24-bit is reported at bitrate=0
    - DTS-CD with HD Master Audio DTS won't play (Obviously a rip from a BD)

Need to test a lot more but the DIY energy transition from "natural gas => all electric" eats up all my time lately.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Finally a good fw and with great improvements. Let's make a try and report back asap. :)

5. peanba

peanba New Member

I have Z9S and Z9X.

6. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

great that multichanell sacd support has been added, I missed that :)

7. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

agreed, sounds like the trailers are being downloaded fully before playback via youtubedl and not streamed which is what zidoo is using in the code from what i saw last time i unpacked the firmware. or there is an issue with their parser that is causing too much delay before playback. Maybe check wireshark and see what is going on with the delay

Code:
    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <map>
        <string name="youtubeDLVersion">2022.07.18</string>
        <string name="pythonLibVersion">10586735</string>
    </map>

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  8. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I think they are downloaded completely also, because when you start them for a second time the start is instantly.
    I only hope they are also deleted afterwards.

9. mirak

mirak Member

The problem with MP7 remains :

For the albums, the mosaïc mode display still shows some CD covers mismatching but there is an improvment.
    The list mode display is good.

BUT we need now please the smartphone app with the new search mode.

By the way, the trailers are not working...

10. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

I noticed that the trailers start after 20 seconds ONLY the first time you open the movie.
    Following the opening times are those chosen.
    I chose the 5 second start and they all work.
    I don't understand why films like Interstellar and other recent ones, the names of the director and the actors do not appear.
    I tried to delete the data and did the search and cataloging procedure again but nothing has changed.
    Anyone know how this can be done? Or should we wait for another FW?
    Thank you
    Joe

11. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

This seems like a great update... For me, it solved the slow poster loading issue, and everything seems snappy now. This is why I cherish my Zidoo player because I know that there is always constant support, and more importantly a company that's willing to listen (rather than sell snake oil).

I do have to point out that samba on the qnap is pretty much useless due to constant issues with not only zidoo, but any media connected to it. I switched over to NFS and I have zero issues now.

Yoram Ariel likes this.
  12. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

If its anything like their database housekeeping ethic....good luck! haha

13. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Your film library needs to be rescanned. Select the NFO Analysis Alternative mode.
    Then trailers will work.

14. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I have the names of actors and directors.
    The "Intersteller" has 8 trailers that HT4 found, perhaps therefore does not pull the names for a long time. You need to wait.

15. Arek

Arek New Member

HDMI CCE improved. TV turns on ziddo but does not switch hdmi

16. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Ok think ive found a bug or is this the new ?

Selecting a movie poster say Star Trek first contact my time Clock Display reverts all readings to 00000 when Auto Trailers start !

Anyone else see this using Z10 Pro .

17. mirak

mirak Member

It’s working thanks :)

18. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

Glad to see ongoing development for these great boxes!
    I'm going to hold off on this firmware for a bit as I use my Z9X only for movies and I NEVER watch trailers.
    I don't see anything in the changelog about improving brightness with DV content as some had alluded to with the earlier leaked firmware...
    I'm not even sure I have a problem. For the most part, I'm blown away with the ZIDOO over my previous SHIELD. I have however had a few DV movies look a little "dull" compared to what I thought they should look like. This may have been the maker's intent...
    Can anyone elaborate on issues they've had with DV content in the previous beta firmware and whether or not they are resolved with this version?

darkeyes909 likes this.
  19. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I deleted one film from collection and added 2, no change in HT4. No automatic update. I have the latest beta and HT4 V21. I have already restarted the player.
    Can anyone confirm this?

20. muslhead

muslhead Member

That is quite a list of things that were addressed.
    Little are applicable to what i was looking for but considering what was accomplished since the last update, it is impressive.
    The good news for me is it does address the gaping hole of the hardware being able to interface to, and play using jriver as my player.

Thank you for addressing this.
    So far, after limited testing, i have experienced just a few glitches (playing sacd/dsf files) which, i believe, were not caused by the NEO but insted, me having the correct setup within jriver dlna server settings. I will report back if i find anything to change my assessment.

The good news is both jriver and roon play as expected and allows me to now get beyond zidoo's media player (for music only).
    With jriver (dlna) and roon working, the neo is now a viable player for the audiophile market and can compete well with other, and more expensive, hardware. Congratulations. But, dont rest on your laurels.

Realistically though, until the media player software gets a total remake, the neo's acceptance by this market will likely have limited upside beyond those looking for hardware to interface to their preferred player/renderer.