v6.4.18 Firmware Update

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by nc88keyz, Jul 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

dont import databases with trash.... start and scan from scratch.
    otherwise factory reset

2. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

"clean master"

my apologies, works great

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

A very important firmware changelog for .18. I'm really impressed of so many enhancements and fixings. Great work Zidoo team!! :)

4. george kmb

george kmb New Member

Define trash please.

5. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

There is a thread here with a similar issue, that turned out (after investigation by both @Markswift2003 and @Futeko) to be somehow related to use of ASS subtitles:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/video-plays-initially-but-then-displays-black-screen.93684/

6. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Is it possible for all other countries to make this correction?
    Trailers still don't work. It's a pity. This firmware would be ideal if such a correction was made.

7. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I confirm that trailers don't work for me as well.

serg fedorov likes this.
  8. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

If you backup your HT database and import it upon a factory reset you are only re-inserting the trash that had built up in the database before you backed it up. While convenient to back it up, it is not advised if you are troubleshooting something random. Zidoo has a well known issue of not cleaning or purging unused database entries. It is the best solution to start with a fresh HT install and scan / import your movies from scratch... particularly if you are attempting to solve unknown crashes and anomalies. Trash Out ( export ) + Trash In ( Import). Just don't! If you want to see for yourself open theater.db from the .ztb ( unzip first) with db browser for SQ lite or another reader program and see for yourself. You will see many entries of movies/ tv shows you have purged and have deleted from your zidoo Home Theater Posterwall. Consider this your PSA.

9. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Found an old problem. When playing through a music player with the screensaver on, I observe sound interruptions. It was on mp6 too.
    Removed all his wallpapers, only 4 of the firmware itself remained. Why can't they be removed here? On older firmware, they were visible and easily removed.
    Removing the wallpaper did not help, the sound is interrupted.
    Turned off the screensaver completely and now OK.
    We need to solve this problem, because OLEDs do not like a static picture.
    Turning off the TV image every time is inconvenient and there is no music control.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  10. emb531

emb531 Member

Hoping the Plex app is coming soon!

11. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I decided to try this:

I have no issues with MP7 and screensaver on rolling through about 1500 trivia slides as a test from NFS share. music is from NFS share as well. I also have an OLED and understand what you mean about static picture dangers.
    V6.4.18/ Z1000pro

12. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Many thanks serg fedorov respect and respect. Installed everything great.

13. muha

muha Active Member

I hope you are tasting grappa too. And have little limoncello aperitivo before riposo and dinner, and some cafe creme and cafe corretto.

dr4go likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I go fully native whenever I come to Italy - it is by far my favourite place on the entire planet. I love the people and I love the culture. And yes, limoncello in abundance and espresso intravenously.

Not so sure on the grappa - I'm more a whisky man ;)

dr4go and muha like this.
  15. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Not sure how close you are staying to San Gimignano, but it's lovely place, so maybe worth a visit if you are out and about.

Delfanboy and Netmask like this.
  16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Haha! When I first read that I thought the "n" word was something different! I was thinking good for you :) - I think the UK though will give you a run for your money today with some areas of England forecast to reach record temperatures > 40°C

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Will there be any comments on the topic?
    I don’t see something in the title of the topic where I spend the summer. You can discuss all this in private correspondence. Let's not deviate from the topic and turn it into garbage.
    The request of the moderator to clean the posts that are not related to the topic of discussion of the firmware.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  18. muha

muha Active Member

I am more of rakija, whisky, grappa, cognac... keep it flowing in this order.

And palinka too. (to calm down proud Hungarians)

Markswift2003, vddan and rozel like this.
  19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I really love Mark's humour - so who do you recommend removes his posts then? Get a life mate and some sense of humour.

dr4go, Netmask and Oldpainless like this.
  20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I installed this firmware yesterday and gave it a very quick glance over the settings - I couldn't test as we had visitors. But I didn't see anything in settings regarding this - could you or someone point me to where I should be looking please? I didn't open MP7 but am wondering is the setting in there?

Thanks