Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Problems is encoding chroma subsampling 4:2:2, as I know at that time dedicate players support only files with chroma subsampling 4:2:0.

2. iieeann

iieeann New Member

Developer promised to add the "Bye" when shutdown, until now still not happening...

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

But no new firmware has been released yet to ……….

xskip likes this.
  4. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Well I reflashed and factory restored and still have freezes with this version. Switching to WiFi and the freezes stop.
    I think there is an issue with the Ethernet on this version it's either a problem with buffering in playback or power saving during playback.
    Transfering a file to the device over the network has no hitches and speed is about 70MB/sec.

Cranks likes this.
  5. Cranks

Cranks Member

That's a problem I have too....ethernet freezes but wifi plays everything without issues. I will be sticking with wifi!

6. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I have no problems with LAN, the speed when saving on the Zidoo or from the Zidoo to the PC or Server is stable over 100 MB/sec.
    Maybe the problem is with your network?

giangi76 likes this.
  7. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi to all! I can confirm NOT having problems with the LAN connection (gigabit) on my unit and this FW. All good with SMB sharing: no stuttering, no freezing.
    The only thing I noticed is that after a pause (and maybe also with rewind and fast forward), the back to playback sometimes starts to stutter (not always and I think it happens only with DV content). I need to stop the playback and then with the resume the playback gets back to normal. This had already happen on my unit with a previous FW (but I really can't remember which one)

Delfanboy and Bill-Z9X like this.
  8. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

It's not Network problems I have already isolated it to this device. I have many devices so it's easy to test my network and cables.

It's also not a throughput issue because I have steady file transfer speeds when transferring a file. My 70MB/sec was over SMB to a SSD formatted to exFat connected to USB 3. Perhaps it could go faster with a different file system or over a different protocol (or SATA) , but that wasn't the purpose of the test.

My WiFi only manages around 20MB/sec transfer speeds to this device but there are no hitches during playback.

It also only started when upgrading to v6.4.
    05 and v6.4.06 and it mirrors an issue this device had very early on in development which was fixed up until recently. That issue didn't effect everyone either but the developers still acknowledged it and were able to fix it.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I have zero issues over ethernet too

dwalme likes this.
  10. vddan

vddan Active Member

Me too SMB problems for a few firmware, but more with the last!
    HT4 is long to light, and after a moment without requesting it it is long to answer, the videos do not respond immediately, much longer than before .....

11. Yoram Ariel

Yoram Ariel New Member

If I was asked to try and somehow guess at this point what are the reasons for the freezes, then these would be my main suspects or a combination of:

* SMB
    * Ethernet
    * MKV/4K/DV/HDR that needs real-time conversion for a simple 1080p TV with no HDR.

I have a simple TV, I used to see the freezes, but not any more because I stopped viewing 4K/DV/HDR content.

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

4K/DV/HDR plus also HD Audio like Atmos ask for higher transfer speeds but conversion is never a problem as all upscaling/downscaling and conversions are done 100% in HW using the Realtek SOC. The overhead is the biggest with NAS, far lower with USB3 and the lowest with SATA. Must work just fine with your TV using USB3/SATA but frankly ought to also using NAS.

Several others also complain about stuttering with HDR/DV using NAS , so your case isn't unique.

The new update is taking a lot of time. Music Player major update?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  13. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

We're really desperate to get new fw release but hope the delay is for mayor improvements!! ;)

xskip likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Quite a bit going on.. Just ironing out some MP7 stuff..

dr4go, Nice Monkey and xskip like this.
  15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

If I can help just let me know.

16. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

The whole reason I'm here is because my last device (2017 NVIDIA SHIELD) kept receiving updates that broke things making my experience worse.

My use case is rather simple. I need something that can display my movie library in a logical and easily searchable fashion (newest entries first or alphabetical) and playback my selection in the best quality without stutters and and audio dropouts...
    I know I'm late to the party here and many of you early adopters had to go through some growing pains, but the Z9X with it's latest beta firmware has been a flawless experience for me.
    Once I got around the self inflicted library formatting issues, HT4 has provided me with an even better experience than what I could customize in my own through KODI... which was something I didn't think was possible... but the real kicker is the support offered on this forum specifically from Mark, who I feel has customized the whole experience for my gear...I suspect that there are many of us here with completely different gear that feel the same way...That's truly incredible...

At any rate, I don't listen to music or watch TV shows on my Z9X and I never watch trailers, so I don't think the next firmware has anything to offer me personally so I'll just skip it. I've learned my lesson from the SHIELD...If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Very kind of you to say that.

Yeah, I have a Shield too and use that for Netflix etc in the cinema but you're absolutely right, the latest updates have killed it - it's gone from a great ad-free experience to a nondescript advertising laden interface thanks to the evil hand of Google.

Don't worry too much about updates breaking stuff - that's incredibly rare - the public firmware is always pretty robust - in fact I can only remember one dodgy public firmware that was released a bit prematurely and that got pulled and fixed very quickly. But again, you're right - if you don't need the update, don't bother - my cinema box is probably from a few firmwares back - it works perfectly well so I don't bother updating at the same frequency I do with test boxes.

crutzulee likes this.
  18. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Well, do not languish when to wait?

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Excuse my ignorance but what is MP7 and should I care?

20. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Music Player 7 that depends on if you play music .