Proposal Library in HT4 always visible

Discussion in 'General Development' started by Gramophone, May 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi, I became a great fan of Zidoo and HT4 recently.
    Its great and even beats ATV with Infuse.

Anyway, I have a request.

Would it be possible, that the library in HT4 will always be shown. Also, when the sources are switched off and disconnected.
    Of course the movies can't be played, logically. But it would be cool to have the library content displayed completely.

I am using two sources basically.
    One Mac with one ssd, and a NAS with a lots of attached HDs.
    Very often, I only have the Mac running, so HT4 will only show the content of the Macs SSD.
    But with all the options of HT, with Collections etc. it would be great to always see the same content in HT, independent if its available or not.

Many thanks guys, and greets from Germany.

fandenivoldsk and 3DBuff like this.
  2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I've been asking for this for years. HT works perfect for people that have one big NAS always on or handful of movies stored on local USB drive attached to Zidoo. I have the same case like you. My movie collection is growing over the years. I keep adding drives and small NAS stations. Some of the drives are filled up and NAS or player with drives is powered down. I don't need it on 24/7. I don't want it to spin up every time I start Zidoo or any PC in the house. I know I have those movies in my old collection and don't need to check up on them multiple times a day. I'm trying to save those drives and power. I can turn it on demand but don't want it up and spinning up and down all the time.

We need a switch by each source to select if we want to keep database alive when drive disconnected or not!

fandenivoldsk and Gramophone like this.
  3. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Great to read this. Maybe someone will listen to us :)

fandenivoldsk likes this.
  4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It was requested in the past and highlighter by many as very important. ZDMC kips all scanned movies on unless you clean up database and even then it will detect path disconnected nad ask you if you want to delete it.

5. fandenivoldsk

fandenivoldsk New Member

I would also really want this feature. Quite surprised when I got my Zidoo, that it wasn’t possible to do this, as it is something I am used to with Plex and Kodi on my Mac. Does anyone know if this feature is something that is under development?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  6. Bello78

Bello78 New Member

Me too, at the cost of electricity now, it’s a must have feature. Something I will now take into account for all my devices..

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Voting poll for this feature is here. Please support this feature.

fandenivoldsk and Bello78 like this.