Samba service not connecting to PC

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Roney, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Roney

Roney New Member

I have a Zidoo 3000 and I move files from my laptop to the Zidoo over the WIFI network. It work in all ways but one. Almost everytime I need to go into the setupon the zidoo and turn off and then on samba service for them to connect.

Is there any settings I can do in zidoo, laptop or router to not have to to this?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Use a manual setup myself which never fails. Example:
    \\192.168.2.14\share
    If fixed IP not DHCP then it is permanent after a router boot too.

3. Roney

Roney New Member

Thank you for the quick answer! Could you describe this a little bit more, because I don't l really understand what you mean.

4. Nice Monkey

I assume you are talking about using a PC in SMB Client mode to access the SMB Server activated on Zidoo.
    Just select connect SMB and make a manual connection to the IP address/share of your Zidoo.
    Using a UID/PWD is optional.

5. Roney

Roney New Member

I have now tried that and no change. Often I can see the Zidoo under Network on my laptop but I can't connect. But after I stopp and restart Samba Serice on the Zidoo under Setting/Network settings/Samba Server I can connect to it on my laptop.

6. Nice Monkey

Factory reset maybe?

7. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

The fixed IP allocation should be done from your Wifi router.
    Default is usually DHCP which means you will often get a different IP address allocated to the Zidoo each time you turn it on (and the same could apply to your laptop).
    This often confuses media players, printers and other wifi connected devices, hence the need to reboot regularly so they are found on the network.
    You should be able to fix your Zidoo's IP address, using your router's admin software (from the laptop or other networked PC).

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

When you are using a static IP setting for Zidoo in a DHCP network, it may cause a simple fading to your connection. If the DHCP uses the same IP fixed in Zidoo for another device, you may see the icon as connected but it doesn't. It happens when the Zidoo is off and your router is assigning an IP of the DHCP range. My suggestion is to set DHCP or static IP system only and not both unless you control the assignment in the router and each device of your network.