Z9X factory reset

Discussion in 'other' started by Carlos Niño, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Carlos Niño

Carlos Niño New Member

Hi,

My Z9X worked on Lan perfectly until yesterday. No it is impossible to connect to my home network using Auto DHCP as it did before. I have not changed anything in the router so I figure I may have modified something in the Z9X.
    How do I make a factory reset so I can configure it from scratch? I turned off the device, pressed the reset button and the turned on the device and nothing happens, it just displays the Zidoo brand.
    What am I missing?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The reset button is only used to invoke the emergency flash procedure from a full flash image on USB.

Factory reset is in Settings/Other/Recovery and reset

3. Carlos Niño

Carlos Niño New Member

Ok, I reset the device to factory defaults and no, the ethernet connection did not work. I rebooted the device twice and it seems to work under firmware v6.3.75 but it's not stable and quite slow. I did a speed test and it showed a speed 4 times slower than it should be.

I'll open another post later this afternoon and I'll tell you how the whole lan is set up so maybe it can give you a clue.
    Thanks for your answer before.