Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Thanx, but : Unable the access the host :( I don't understand! I tried to use windows with a password but it doesn't work either.

2. andy22

andy22 Active Member

I was talking about a "real" solution, so i'm in HT and want to play a episode, which for whatever reason has no hardware codec support and just fails to play. So instead of the player itself using software fallback automatically, now you need to have a second player installed or some extra media center that is specifically setup to play those codec's/profiles.

You know how standard Kodi handles this scenario? Exactly as you would expect, it uses hardware decoding and if this fails for whatever reason, just automatically falls back to software decoding.
    Emby/Plex/Jellyfin checks the hardware support and will automatically transcode anything that's not supported or automatically use software decoding.

So just put "automatic software decoding" on the long list of HT feature requests.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks

4. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Try set on windows via admin powershell and Set-SmbServerConfiguration
    Set-SmbServerConfiguration RejectUnencryptedAccess $False
    Get-SmbServerConfiguration

Check if on windows have key on registry LmCompatibilityLevel
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\LmCompatibilityLevel
    Then try set level 2, 5 or remove see if make any difference.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    dr4go likes this.
  5. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

Hi Markswift2003, I am having an issue regarding the hdmi handshake after this update. If you can shed some light whether something changed. I kept my resolution locked at 3840 x 2160 at 24hz. Both frame rate and resolution are at off. There were no hdmi handshake at these setting before the firmware update. After the firmware update projector is doing the regular hdmi handshake which kind of loose the purpose of these settings. And while hdmi handshake is being done you loose symbols of HDR or DV or double DD as well, you actually do not loose these but by the time you get the picture these are already gone. Just so you know that I have Vertex2 in between my receiver and projector.

6. muha

muha Active Member

Did anyone experience MP6 shutting down during a play? I have noticed that app crashes on irregular basis, affecting torrent app too. HT on the other hand doesn't have this issue.

Bertrum likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, nothing changed in HDMI handling as far as I know.

If resolution and frame rate are locked then the only thing that would cause an HDMI resync is a change of HDR mode.

Use the Vertex to see what changes through a resync.

If you lock frame rate at 24Hz then the vast majority of your content (23.976) will be output at the wrong framerate which will mostly result in frame repeats at regular intervals (for 23.976 material for example, that's a repeat frame every 40s or so).

The way I handle it with my projector is to set resolution to 4K23 with match frame rate only and HDR set to LLDV.

That way, all my content plays at the correct frame rate in LLDV and I only get an HDMI sync for the odd title that is not 23.976fps which I can live with.

vddan likes this.
  8. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Sorry, but this step is unclear ... What is it that you block or set as resolution and frame rate?

Thanks

9. Markswift2003

I set resolution to 4K23
    Frame rate mode to Switch frame rate only
    HDR to LLDV

That way everything is output in 4K LLDV and the only time I get an HDMI resync is if the frame rate differs from 23.976fps.

10. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

After the last update, my Z10 Pro box resolution was set to 4K50 locked for whatever reason (was 4K23 before). Had to manually set it back.

11. Markswift2003

That's odd - mine's never done that.

Possibly an EDID timing thing - I have mine permanently connected to a Vertex2 so it's always got a valid EDID on the HDMI port.

12. Does this update increases the HDD connection capacity? I am planning to buy 26TB WD which is going to release in next month. Currently on 16TB. So should i preorder or wait for updated FW?

13. I am sorry. I know its a bit off topic but can i share my internet from my PC WIFI adapter to 2 ethernet ports of my PC? My PC has two ethernet ports(one to zidoo and other to 8kvrroom). So i have to manually switch sharing from my wifi adapter between my 8k vrroom lan to zidoo lan. My main router is very far for the LAN cable to come in my room. Any help? Is it possible?

14. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

No. It's a limitation of the 32bit OS.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@ZIDOO2020 quick update on this issue. After further testing and research I found that CEC wake up functions work only if Zidoo is OFF. If I use standby function rather than power off for shutting down, Zidoo wakes up from TV and it wakes up TV on occasion as well.

Standby is preferred compared to power off for quick startup and not cold boot. It resumes last operation down to open movie page inside HT or ZDMC. Very convenient to continue watching second part of the movie the next day. Compared to waiting for boot up sequence and start up of HT or ZDMC and waiting to update the database and look for the movie I didn't finish last night.

16. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

?

HDR10+ works every time for me
    i do have to change HDR setting from VS10 sdr hdr back to auto thou for it to work/show

18. I read in some thread that USB port has no size limit? I mean if i use external adapter for HDD can i increase my HDD limit?

19. andy22

andy22 Active Member

The only disk size limit i know of is the 2TB limit of the old MBR, which was solved long ago by GPT, which can address some "zetabytes". In the end the cluster size and actual filesystem used will dictate how big the disk can be in reality, not if its 32 or 64 bit OS.

20. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

It doesn’t play it properly- play that test file on your Zidoo device first, then play it directly on your TV’s media player.