Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Is it just me then? in HT4 I logged out and back into Trakt. However only Movies are logging.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok - it's a non-standard encode.

It's H.264 which would usually be 8-bit but this is encoded in 10-bits with a non standard Profile of "Main 10" to match and an odd level (3.2) due to the resolution.

As far as I know the SOC is unable to support this with the Realtek player.

AngryVirginian likes this.
  3. Strange. You say it needs special hardware to play? I thought zidoo was powerful enough to handle these files. Even if its a non standard encode but every other player is able to play it without any error. I had whole season . There must be some fix for these kind of files. Come on.

4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yes, there is a fix.. re-rip it properly.. .or let me guess... you don't own the original source material?

AngryVirginian likes this.
  5. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Hi Nice Monkey, happy to "hear you" again in reply to my issue.
    Legal reasons ? Mmm... for me it's a technical issue.
    As I wrote many times, my previous Zidoo (X9, an X9S, an X10, a Z9S) works perfectly.
    Today "David" from Zidoo contact me about my last "ticket" asking me some further info.
    I cross my fingers, hoping that this time will be the right one in order to solve the issue.
    See you and thanks again for your interest.

Paolo

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  6. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

As I wrote many times, my previous Zidoo (X9, an X9S, an X10, a Z9S) works perfectly.
    Today "David" from Zidoo contact me about my last "ticket" asking me some further info.
    I cross my fingers, hoping that this time will be the right one in order to solve the issue.
    See you and thanks again for your interest.

Paolo

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Think I may have found the issue. I ran the debug logger and played the TV episode 'Made For Love - Season 2 Episode 7'. Didn't play it all but the start middle and end to invoke Trakt.

Looking at the log I found this

Code:
    05-30 22:24:18.825 I/zxs     ( 3601): request: body = {"added":{"movies":0,"episodes":0},"not_found":{"movies":[],"shows":[],"seasons":[],"episodes":[{"ids":{"tmdb":-1,"trakt":-1,"tvdb":2312190,"tvrage":-1}}],"people":[],"users":[]}}
    05-30 22:24:18.838 I/zxs     ( 3601): scrobble: items = {"app_date":0,"app_version":0,"episode":{"ids":{"tmdb":-1,"trakt":-1,"tvdb":2312190,"tvrage":-1},"number":7,"season":2},"progress":100.0}
    It appears to be passing the id of 2312190 to tvdb for the episode. However the correct id in tvdb is 9095193. 2312190 is the id for tvmaze - which is the default scraper I use for TV series. Hopefully Zidoo can look into this?

Edit: re scanned an episode of The Time Travelers Wife using TheTVDB scraper. After watching it appeared in Trakt. So seems as if you want Trakt to work for TV series have to use TheTVDB or TMDB scraper.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  8. Yes you are right. It depends how you rip the material. I am not technical in video encode standards and methods so i may be wrong. But for a general end user its difficult to believe this hardware is unable to play a non standard video file which other win players can play easily. My Zidoo is playing every video RIP file and formats in my 16TB HDD which i couldn't imagine even 3D BD ISOs. Its first time zidoo has said "cant play" to a file which win can play. So i have to use win for these files. Just saying this for improvement in player if possible.

9. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

Mine never asked before until this update. I had to put my computer info, name and password to my outlook account connected with my computer.

10. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

I just noticed late today before heading to work that subs aren't displaying for me under this firmware. I watched a movie with embedded SRT subs which wouldn't display but didn't think too much of it at the time. It was only afterwards when I watched a TV episode with +30 embedded SRT subs, including forced (none of which displayed), that I realised that something was up. Unfortunately, now that I'm at work, I cannot do any additional testing until midday tomorrow.
    Has anyone else had this issue?

11. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

nope all good with srt and sub idx all working for me

12. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Thanks for checking.
    Hopefully, it's a one-off occurrence that's fixed itself by the time I get home tomorrow.

13. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

you can try to load (open subtile filer over menu, not only choose between the displayed one I mean ;-)) the subtitle file and have a look afterwards if it is not showing per default.

14. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

What kind of info? I don't use username/password for the windows.

15. maglione

maglione Member

In windows 11, network & internet/advance network settings/advance sharing settings/all networks/password protected sharing put in OFF, simil in Windows 10.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

If the share on the windows box is public, when you try to access it from the Zidoo and the dialog box on the Zidoo comes up to ask for them, press <return> to get rid of the keyboard:

upload_2022-6-1_14-44-48.png

select and tick the "Anonymous" box and then hit <ok>.

upload_2022-6-1_14-45-16.png

After that the Zidoo won't ask for authentication any more.

Frogmort and darkeyes909 like this.
  17. andy22

andy22 Active Member

I have a crazy idea... why not use the Hexa A55 cores to software decode unsupported profiles, like any player ever on PC/MAC. We have a 6 core arm cpu, so use the darn thing. Every codec up to 1080p should be able to software decode just fine on this hardware.

They could use/add the LGPL variants of libav/libvlc/ffmpeg software decoders, like many other android players, but guess thats too much work.

Tarantula likes this.
  18. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Have you tried Android software players like MX Player and/or VLC with their own decoders, for your non-standard files? They should play the same way as their PC versions.
    You can also use ZDMC with the Kodi player for lower standard videos when Zidoo player is unable to open a file.

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi @Markswift2003 - sorry to bring this up again and I know you've been very busy lately. But if you have the time, could you please answer my questions in Blue please - I'd be very grateful

Thanks

20. Markswift2003

2 - Generally you don't, it gets populated during scraping but if you update a file from say an HDR10 one to an HDR10+ then you'd need to update the info.

3. Will ask

4. Nope :)