Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That happens if you use NFO import - cast/crew/filmography details are only pulled when scraped online.

2. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Makes sense. Thanks, Mark :)

3. Markswift2003

It's a shame - I really wish the devs could find a way to do it..

4. Enet

Enet Active Member

I would assume that they can only import what's in the existing NFO file. No?

5. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

love learning new things daily. It was always a game to see if the AFR/ AR handshake would happen before the resume dialog would disappear so i could start it from the beginning. It was usually like 2 seconds before it the dialog box went away. Thanks for clarifying this. I don't think I've seen anyone else ever mention it.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

The NFO contains the TMDB reference and the cast/crew biogs are added to the poster details page at runtime - ie when you first open the poster page by referencing TMDB.

If this is done and NFOs are exported again, the posters that have been opened previously, and biogs updated, will have those details exported in the new NFOs.

I'm sure there'd be a efficient way to, for example, query the database at runtime too and add other movies relating to that cast member. It would certainly be the icing on the cake for NFO imports.

That and updating NFOs at runtime for last played etc ;)

7. Enet

Enet Active Member

Thanks for the clarification. I suppose what you are asking for would basically make NFO export obsolete. Those features would be nice but Kodi does all that stuff within its SQL database and probably for good reason?

8. Markswift2003

No, it's exactly the opposite! I'm talking about creating relational links to other movies when using NFO import.

9. Enet

Enet Active Member

Sorry if I am being dense but I don't understand what you mean when you say "creating relational links to other movies when using NFO import". Do you mean that once the importing already populated NFO's creates relational database like links? What's this got to do with "other movies"?

10. AKRAM COCO

AKRAM COCO New Member

hi guys i buy z9x and my tv lg oled 2021 I want the best settings

11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

12. K.W.H.

K.W.H. New Member

OK, I've searched all over the forum and the main site and I cannot find the IP control manual. I could have sworn that there was one on here somewhere.

Can anyone be kind enough to link me to it? I want to add some features to my TheHomeRemote remote pages.

Thanks.

13. Markswift2003

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/developer.html

Just be aware that although you can power off using IP, you can't power back on because the network card falls back to 10-baseT accepting magic packets only.

So if you want to rely 100% on IP control you need to implement a WOL packet as a power on.

Personally I use RS232 instead which is rock solid and accepts discrete PowerOn and Off commands.

K.W.H. likes this.
  14. K.W.H.

K.W.H. New Member

Gawd bless ya and thank you! I didn't even look there so not sure if that's where I had seen it before.

Yeah, I was aware of the Power On requires IR or WOL. That's not an issue since my Monoprice HTP-1 also requires IR for a Power ON since I do not use Fast-Start.

Thanks again.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

You're very welcome :)

16. lufc001

lufc001 New Member

Hello all, just purchased my Z9X and loving it so far.

In regards to the settings below regarding resolution:

MAIN SETTINGS

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Switch frame rate and resolution *

Display/HDR: Auto **
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range: 16-235 ***
    Display/HDMI Mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz ****

Audio/HDMI Audio: AUTO *****
    Audio/Downmix HD Audio output: OFF

I have an Epson TW-9400/6050 projector and the manual advises it supports 10-12 bit YUV444. Should i set my settings to 444 12 bit instead of the 10 bit or 420 options as specified above?

Any help would be great!

17. Markswift2003

No point - it only pads the bits so all you're doing is increasing HDMI bandwidth for no gain. Content is generally stored in 8-bits at 2K or less and 10-bits at 4K.

For Dolby Vision, output is always 12-bit 4:2:2 for Player Led (LLDV) and 8-bit RGB for TV Led and the settings above have no affect on that.

lufc001 and crutzulee like this.
  18. lufc001

lufc001 New Member

Thanks Mark, I'll update that and set it accordingly. As it's a projector it only supports HDR10+ and no Dolby Vision so for 4K 23-30Hz should i bother setting it to YUV444 10-bit or keep it as 422?

I've also heard a lot of talk about EDID. To set anything custom like that for my projector is that anything I need to worry about? Why would I need to set that?

19. Markswift2003

I would set to 10-bit 4:4:4 but nothing to stop you using 4:2:2.

Unless you want to experiment with Dolby Vision, or you want to change parameters for other reasons (eg restrict HDMI bandwidth) there's no need to mess with the EDID.

20. sid6581

sid6581 New Member

If I set it to Player Led (LLDV) I get an 1080p output, is it because my display (LG 65E6) has only HDMI 1.4a ports?