New Release Version v2.3.88 for Z9S, Z10, Z1000, X20, X20 Pro, UHD2000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Markswift2003, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Mpira

Mpira New Member

Still no working here in BD folder.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's what I just said..

Bug reported.

3. antrudi

antrudi New Member

Good, could you get a complete image of version 2,3,88 to make a flashroom, because via ota it is impossible to get stuck on the ziddo screen and the display hello, everything is dead useless, I can only recover it with an image for flashroom that there is complete as in iso mode but it is version 1,2,28 and has many bugs is with the only one that I can recover everything, then I update via ota to 2,3,88 and it remains dead on the ziddo screen and display hello Let's see if it is possible to get a complete image of this update with android 7.1 to make a flashroom from the reset button and the power button by pressing them at the same time so that it enters flashroom mode, if not there is no way it will work, thanks

4. Markswift2003

I'm sorry but v2.3.88 is not available as a USB image.

Try this:

1. Flash to v1.2.28 using USB image and reset button.

2. Reset to Factory from Settings/Other/Recovery and Reset/Restore Factory Settings

3. Restart the box and install v2.3.88 from a USB stick using the OTA image in the first post from About/Update or Apps/Update (do not unzip the file!)

antrudi likes this.
  5. antrudi

antrudi New Member

Good thanks for the answers, because I have done those steps and it is impossible I have made the flashroom with 1,2,20, it is not 1,2,28, I got confused, after making the flashroom with the image, I go back to settings, reset to factory parameters Once everything is done, I start the ziddo x20 and insert a USB formatted in fat32 with the file without decompressing and updating and nothing stays on the screen with the ZIDDO logo and the center display says hello, I have left it for 1 hour in case it takes time to configure and nothing dead, I don't know what to do whether to leave it and throw it away or abandon it, let's see if there is another solution, thanks

6. Markswift2003

I'm not sure what to suggest here - I've never seen this behaviour before. It certainly doesn't take an hour to update - maybe 5 minutes or so.

7. antrudi

antrudi New Member

I don't know what's wrong with the ziddo x20, maybe you have to update to android 7.1 to update 2,3,88, how to update to android 7, I don't even know what's wrong with it or it's broken and you can't update or I will have to look for a technical service or I will send it to be recycled, anyway thanks for the help

8. antrudi

antrudi New Member

Good, I leave you a video of the update of the ziddo x20 to version 2,3,88 as I have commented on the problem I had in the update so that you can take a look at it, have you owners of this x20 had this problem to vr if you can take one hand, at the end of the process the green bar at the end there is a disorder that could be, what has happened to it, already in that state it remains dead, to recover I have to do it with image 1,2,20, and update to the version 1,2,28, from there to above it won't let me this problem happens to me, let's see if you can help me, thanks a greeting

9. Mu7e

Mu7e New Member

Hi guys

I have the Z1000 with the latest stable firmware 2.3.88.

Before this update I was able to see IMDB ratings either in the movies info or TV series info.

In the preferences there's TMDB or IMDB and an option to add Rotten Tomatoes.

If I choose IMDB, a progress bar appears, takes it's time to reach 100% but nothing is shown in the movies info.

If I choose TMDB, a progress bar appears, takes it's time to reach 100% and the rate appears only in the movies info.

Rotten Tomatoes doesn't appear in neither.

It's some kind of HT application bug?
    I have the native HT that comes with the firmware above.

There's anyone with this problem?
    How can I overcome this?

I'm trying to get an answer but can't find any information regarding this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

10. tex78a

tex78a New Member

The same for me Mu7e. I think zidoo Is a bit abandoned from zidoo. I ve buyed two years ago but now It has not a loro of features. Also trailers doesn't function anymore.

Mu7e likes this.
  11. Mu7e

Mu7e New Member

Well, compared to other brands this has been, so far, my only issue (and the trailers of course).

@richard southcott has one picture with both.

53522.jpg

How did he manage to overcome the issue?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  12. Mu7e

Mu7e New Member

Hi

@Markswift2003 can we expect a solution for this from zidoo?

A zidoo_poster update?

13. Markswift2003

Not a clue I'm afraid.

14. s4t4n

s4t4n New Member

i have update now my UHD2000 & Z10 with v2.3.88.

10% of all .iso Menu's not running!
    Do you have the same problem?

15. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Is there gonna be new firmware for z9s?
    I am contemplating on throwing my z9s out. The black screen is aggresive as hell. Will even go black several times at home screen. Crazy as shit. While on movie with family, it's embarrassing to have parts keep blacking out and return several times in one movie. It feels stupid. Can someone pls tell me if there is gonna be anymore firmware after this? If no, I can change this box. Got fedup with it and ruin my movie experience.

16. tex78a

tex78a New Member

I also have some problem with my zidoo Z1000 but no updates, I think Zidoo stop to upgrade this old modules.... it's a good machine but with errors and without updates. :-(

17. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

I can't understand why it's a good machine but with errors and without updates. That is practically every electronics in the world. This way, every machine is good. Lol.

For me if there are errors affecting their basic underlying function and they stopped updates, it's a bad machine.

I am just waiting for someone who knows if there is gonna be update soon or not for me to determine if it's bad or good. Within this month if I am not getting answer I am switching brand. My old player doesn't give me any problems playing.

18. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

I have a feeling that no updates will arrive except McBluna HT updates

My player works fine

19. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Lucky you man....so it's time for me to throw this out the window.

leviathan likes this.
  20. Tek Infusion

Tek Infusion New Member

I was having this problem with my Z9S not being able to update to version 2.3.88 it stopped at the updating logo, so after about an hour I turned it off and back on again, I was greeted by the Android update screen but progress bar seemed to become distorted towards the end of the upload and that is how it stayed and would not progress any further, so I downloaded a stock recovery firmware for it and renamed it to Install.img and placed it on a blank USB key formatted to Fat32 and placed it in a USB3.0 Port on the Z9S, I then used the hold reset button and switched on the box and waited for the UP message to appear on the front of the Z9S and then released the reset button, this installed the stock firmware to the Z9S, I then downloaded the 2.3.88 firmware again I did not rename it or unzip it, and dropped it onto the same USB Key and placed it into one of the the two USB3.0 ports on the Z9S, turned the device on then chose the About option from the Z9S TV display menu and selected Update and highlighted the 2.3.88 zip file on the USB key then I just selected to update the box, this worked properly this time and the box was updated in around 5 minutes, maybe the original file that I downloaded was corrupted I cannot be sure but its all up to date now.