Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, compatibility set to LLDV and Frame Rate Mode set to Frame Rate Only.

2. Arek

Arek New Member

Hello, I wrote early about the CEC problem. I will try to explain what is going on and attach a photo.
    In general, everything works fine, but on my Sony bravia xr x94j it looks strange in the menu because zidoo z1000pro is duplicated.
    After selecting the HDMI input on the TV, a menu with devices appears, each is described only not zidoo, it shows that it is player 1.
    (photo 1) I can turn it on and it turns on but after a while the player 3 with the description z1000pro pops up and I have two devices ?????
    after a while, player 1 disappears and player 3 remains, while after turning off the Z1000pro, player 3 with the description is lost again, and player 1 without description remains.
    I would like to add that on earlier software, only one icon was displayed, regardless of whether it was turned on or off, and the description remained.

Sorry for the English from the translator.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • 2a.jpg
      2a.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
  3. wolfy196

wolfy196 New Member

CEC not working for me. Z10 Pro with clean install.
    Turn on Z10 Pro and TV automatically switches to HDMI as it should.
    Turn off Z10 Pro and TV switches off.
    Toggle "Media Player turn off TV" switch in CEC menu and try again.
    Turn off Z10 Pro and HDMI screen goes blank. TV stays on HDMI and does not automatically switch TV back to terrestrial channel as it used too and should do.
    I would like to go back to V6.3.60 when everything but the weather tile was working for me, but earlier versions will not accept a later versions poster back up and i'm not about to spend a few days checking 5k plus movies and box sets manually.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  4. puremind

puremind New Member

talking about the new pop up about cec volume controls.
    At least an option to define the time for the pop up with the message to stay there. Is very distracting. Option to disable preferred too on my case. Thanks.

5. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Anyone's screensaver keeps crashing? This never happened before in previous firmware and the image set that I used hasn't changed in like 2 months.

Symptom: keep HT running, screensaver will come up after the set time, after a while the screensaver will crash and the Zidoo launcher screen will be shown, screensaver will not come back again (it stays in the launcher screen) until HT4 is re-launched.

Device: Z10Pro

6. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

No such problem is observed. I consider the latest beta version of the firmware to be one of the best lately.

7. Markswift2003

No, not seeing this - maybe one of the images you're using is corrupt?

8. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Deleting everything off ZDaydream folder now. It used to have 900 images. Will report back.

Tarantula likes this.
  9. idlebrain

idlebrain New Member

I use HDFury Vertex 2 with LLDV settings on JVC NX9. What is the best HDR mode for 4K SDR content?

10. K.W.H.

K.W.H. New Member

I keep seeing this problem in HT4 while in the small cover size. Some movies have their stats overlapping the plot and some don't. I think it only happens on movies with more than 4 lines of plot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

On the home page of HT, the widget for the regions display all the countries but the US twice in the selection.

12. Hey all -
    Have another trakt issue. I've got a lot of kids shows that are double episodes - so if, for example, I play "Paw Patrol - S06E12E13" on kodi, those episodes get reported to trakt. However, it does not sync back to my Z9X, which means I need to switch to Kodi if my kids want to watch something.

13. andy22

andy22 Active Member

I keep having issues with the V10 remote. It takes several attempts (3-8) to wake the z9x from sleep mode or power it on?
    I already changed the batteries and also tried to stand directly in front of the z9x at one meter. I also have no other BT devices and the Shield BT remote worked flawlessly at the same location/distance.

14. X-hedgehog

X-hedgehog New Member

Zidoo wakes up or turns on via IR, aim remote at the device.

15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

16. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Lol thanks, i was so used too how the Shield BT remote works, that it did not occur to me the V10 might use IR instead of BT to wake the z9x!
    Yeah i had the z9x slightly rotated, so i can hide my nemesis the "red standby LED" and in doing so also did rotate the IR receiver.
    So depending on how i did aim or mostly not aim .... the V10 remote it worked or not.

PS: This also explains how i could wake the z9x and yet sometimes right after the wake, the BT remote would still not work/connect. Was wondering how wake can work, but than afterwards BT seems not.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Something of a contradiction here lol! First I played a DV title and got "VS10 DV" top left - see PIC 1. Then I played a known HDR10+ title and got the same - see PIC 2. My settings are as PIC 3. You'll see what I've set as current (ticked) - when I try to set for the RGB setting (the one after in the list), you'll see that I get a magenta Hue all over the screen - as an aside to this post, why is this please?

So no DD, HDR, HDR10 or HDR10+ logos ???

I confess though it is only by posting here and checking that I've noticed the VS10 "DV" logo - never noticed DV before, just VS10 lol.

@Markswift2003 , you'll recall how I've set up my Vertex2 - I forget its settings if I want to play HDR10+ natively on my TV, which is why I leave my V2's settings alone and rely on the LLDV setting as in PIC 3.

Hoping for some explanations please :)

ps apologies for the delay in replying here but my nerves were completely shot after the footy on Sunday (as a lifelong MCFC fan) - hope you understand :)

Attached Files:

18. Markswift2003

Ok, so first things first - Just me being pedantic, but personally I use "Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV,YUV422,12-bit)" because although the video is encoded at 4:2:0, 4:2:2 is how LLDV is natively processed. I must have given you one of my "special" EDIDs with those extra options in the DV block, but there's really no need to use 4:4:4 12-bit - all it does is add to HDMI bandwidth without any visual uplift.

Next thing, if you want to play everything natively, including HDR10+, just set HDR to Auto. However, if you want to play HDR10+ natively but convert SDR to LLDV, chose Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (for SDR,DV content). This will also play HDR10 natively - there's no way to separate HDR10 from HDR10+ like this.

As for the DV logo - with HDR set to LLDV, if you play a Dolby Vision file, the VS10 engine has no option but to output DV natively and so you get this:

upload_2022-5-24_12-49-54.png

All I can say from your screenshot above is that the file can't be Dolby Vision. Can you play the file with your current settings, press the info button and send a shot of what that looks like?

As for the pink screen thing - haha! It must be a day for new bugs!!

That's another new bug - that mode is outputting TV Led DV and because your Samsung can't do that, it's just displaying the video natively as it comes in. Mine does the same.

vddan likes this.
  19. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

HDMI CEC Volume control now works for me with the Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar on this firmware. HDMI CEC also works when turning on Zidoo, and the soundbar turns on as well. What does not work is turning off Zidoo does not turn off the soundbar. Is it possible to solve this issue as well and add an option to remove the on-screen message that volume in being adjusted? Then the HDMI CEC implementation for me would be perfect.

wolfy196 likes this.
  20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ok - I simply changed to 444 12 bit as I thought bigger = better! So as you can see in next PIC 5 you'll see I've changed it back to what you suggested.

Yes of course you are quite correct - you always are :) I thought it was a Dolby Vision title but on closer examination it was not - my bad. So PIC 5 represents a known DV title and shows "DD Dolby Vision" as you quite rightly said it would. So I conclude from this that when a title is DV, the LLDV engine thinks my TV supports DV and passes it straight through to the Vertex 2. So if I'm correct what does the EDID do, that I'm using in the V2, to the TV - how does it make the TV play native DV ?

Not sure what you mean - it has always done this (from day 1) when selecting 444 12 bit RGB. So I just jump one setting back lol.

OK so looking at the Zidoo's LLDV setting again: -

1. A HDR title will play, showing initially "VS10 DV", meaning the VS10 engine is converting to DV then outputting
    2. A DV title will play, showing initially "DD Dolby Vision" meaning the VS10 engine is passing through the video unchanged

So let me ask again as was the intention of my original post: -

3. Playing a HDR10+ title, again keeping the LLDV setting as is, shows "VS10 Dolby Vision"

What I'd like is when playing a HDR10+ title, can we have the VS10 logo showing "VS10 HDR10+" at least then I'd know immediately what the source is without having to press info on the remote - is this possible?

And lastly: -

4. What will show if I play and SDR title?

Attached Files: