Dual HDMI audio output media player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Stratos_K, May 1, 2022.

1. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I am looking what options I have for a dual HDMI audio output media player and I see that only the top of the line UHD3000 is having them. Does Zidoo have any plans to add dual HDMI outputs to some of their cheaper models? I like my Z9X but I really need dual sound output through HDMI (both) and I am currently eyeing the UHD3000 but it is a bit extreme for my budget. And I am not going to use any of the other extras the UHD3000 has over the Z9X so paying the extra amount just for the HDMI port is too much.

Dune HD already have two models that are cheaper than the UHD3000 with dual HDMI outputs (the Dune HD Max Vision 4K and the even cheaper Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo) so I was wondering if Zidoo will try to match them in any way. I really like Zidoo and I got used to their interface and poster wall and I don't want to go to a Dune HD solution so I hope someone could shed some light if there is any hope for that.

2. Nedy71

Nedy71 New Member

Get yourself HDFurry Integral2 or vertex2 for cheaper 2nd HDMI output solution

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

?

upload_2022-5-1_19-33-2.png

4. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

So from what I understand I shouldn't wait anything from Zidoo...

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thee are relative cheap HDMI splitters that can do the trick too.

6. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I have tried to do this with a HDMI splitter but there is a problem. Most of these HDMI splitters just duplicate the signal from one port to the other or just output the minimum signal supported from the two. This is not good. Because depending what I connect to each output I either loose DTS:X as the A90J does not support that or Dolby Vision as the JVC Exofield HDMI ports do not allow it. So a simple HDMI splitter does not work in my setup.

Does the HD Fury work in the same principle (output signal duplication) or the two outputs are completely independent from each other?

7. Nedy71

Nedy71 New Member

HD Furry Integral2 (2x independent outputs) and UP models (Vertex, diva, etc) will do for you hence I replied to you.
    Integral2 being the cheaper from the Furry Range.

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Vertex2 is the way to go, you can do so much more than just using it as a splitter

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Vertex2 is a very good and flexible device. But it is not cheap and neither simple to configure.

10. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

The Integral 2 seems to be much cheaper than the Vertex 2. I am eyeing this for now.

What I basically want is to connect my PS5 and my Zidoo Z9X media player and have two HDMI outputs from which one will always output exactly the same signal (pass-through) that any of the two inputs have (and will be connected to my AV receiver) and the second HDMI output to be used for audio only that will be connected to my Exofield headphones. This 2nd HDMI must be able to output both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X signals.

The Integral must be able to output either in the first HDMI output only, the second output only or both of them at the same time (with HDMI 1 working in pass-through and HDMI audio only).

Am I going to achieve what I want with it?

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'd agree with the former (£400), regarding the latter, the more you use it the easier it becomes to use.

I'm not familiar with the Integral 2 but I'll bet @Markswift2003 knows the answer to @Stratos_K 's questions although there's a brilliant forum on HD Fury's products

12. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I also made a schematic of how I am imagining to do it.

Playstation 5 ----->(HDMI 1 input) -----> HD-Fury Integral 2 ------->(HDMI 1 output 1 full pass-through mode)------------------------------------------------> Marantz SR6015 ------> Sony A90J
    Zidoo Z9X -------->(HDMI 2 input)----->HD-Fury Integral 2 ------->(HDMI 2 output audio only with Dolby TrueHD- Atmos and DTS:X support) ------>JVC Exofield headphones

Also do I have control over which HDMI output will work? For example if I want just the HDMI output 1, HDMI output 2 or both of them to work at the same time?

13. Markswift2003

The Integral and the Vertex 1 are identical devices except that the Vertex has a display on top so you can see what's going on - worth looking on eBay for either Vertex 1 or Integral 2.

Both will do as you wish - it can act as a matrix with independent outputs or a splitter with either input mirrored on both outputs (all audio modes supported) which is how you'd use them.

They can be controlled either using a PC application (via USB), by RS232 or by IR and you can set the inputs to autoswitch. If you don't use the PC application, the Vertex is the better choice because you have the OLED display on top to tell you what's going on.

As @rozel and @Nice Monkey mention, The Vertex 2 is a much better device, but it may be over-kill. On the other hand, once you start to realise what these devices can do in terms of diagnostics and HDMI management, you may appreciate the extra flexibility of the Vertex 2 and in particular its web interface - unlike the other two, it has an ethernet port (no wifi, but a wireless bridge could be connected) which adds not only a web interface, but also IP control.

I started with a Vertex 1 (well, actually a Linker in the early days) but now have two Vertex 2s and wouldn't be without them. Again, I've seen bargains on eBay for the Vertex 2 and that's where I got one of mine.

14. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Thanks for the input. I see that the Integral 2 can work with the GoBlue dongle and can be handled through the Android app. Is this worth it and can I actually change all functions of the unit through the mobile app? It's not cheap from what I see and the Integral 2 plus the dongle puts its price much closer to the vertex 2, that's why I ask.

15. Markswift2003

Personally I'd go for the Vertex 2 having experience of both but it's up to you - both will do the job you want, I guess it depends how much of this is a hobby or whether you want a set and forget device to do a job.

16. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I would say it's a more set and forget thing. I just want it so my setup will work as I want it to. Nothing more.

17. Nedy71

Nedy71 New Member

Integral 2 could do what you are looking for

18. Markswift2003

Go for the cheaper of either the Vertex 1 or the Integral 2 I'd say.

Might also be worth asking in the HDFury forums on AVS and on their own Discord server (link on the HDFury site) because they probably do a simpler option that does exactly what you want at a better price too...

Either way, HDFury devices are the way to go.

19. Nedy71

Nedy71 New Member

YES to all

20. Nedy71

Nedy71 New Member

You do not need BT Dongle.
    You set vup manually and switch manually form the unit OR use Window PC