Beta version v6.3.98 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 29, 2022.

1. akis

akis New Member

trailers not working !!!!!!!!

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

But Where does it state trailers have been fixed ?
    in changelog ?

3. akis

akis New Member

???????

4. DELUCAS

Trailers is a known problem
    And were waiting on a firmware fix to address this .

one has not been announced yet .

5. dwalme

dwalme New Member

Trailers worked somewhat in .92. Nothing in .96.

6. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

7. DELUCAS

Odd on my Older Z10 it still works ………
    Last time i used it.

8. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

On 6.3 92 it also (kind of) worked.
    But on 6.3.98 it does not seem to work at all.

I can't test because i don' t have a Z9X

9. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Dune have a way … the are working there..
    I am sure Zidoo can find a way to…they have to try more!

10. DELUCAS

Make it a priority as many like this feature id say including me .

vddan likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Good that it is confirmed.

12. paresh

paresh Member

PGS subtitles in some blu-ray movies with interactive menus do not work. What about the HDMI IN record function? There has been no resolve right from the beginning , looks like as if the function does not exist at all in the player thus totally overlooked, really sad to see such step motherly treatment to such a handy function.:mad::mad:

Letmein and darkeyes909 like this.
  13. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

Just to be clear, are you saying using the USB stick to revert the firmware to a previous state, or just the menu option of reset?

14. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

For me in Z9x, it didn’t work in last fws including .92!!

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, just factory reset from Settings/Other/Recovery and reset/Restore Factory Settings

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I don't use any third party media players. I only use G as I do have few other types of apps I use.

17. puremind

puremind New Member

Hdmi CEC working perfect now, including power on/off and volume control via Denon amp to LG OLED. Thanks.

xskip likes this.
  18. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

So much thankful for your presence here.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I will not be providing a write-up as I want about 6 hours of my life back from this exercise in obsession...but today I managed to accomplish the following:

Set up Radarr as a docker and amtd ( automatic movie trailer download) docker and then took all my media files which still had pre-media info scraping tags on them such as Star Wars (1977)(4K)(HDR)(TrueHD Atmos 7.1) and cleaned them up. Thus toggling out the trailers that had downloaded which were complete unusable file name wise. Used advanced renamer to steal the Directory name for the trailer, and them trimmed off all the tags. for the movie files. The script scrapes for trailers every hour if something new is added to my media shares. Renamed about 1400 trailers in about 6 minutes. Radarr does a good job pulling artwork as well and thumbs etc.

What I ended up with is working trailers again that play flawlessly locally after 3 seconds , on autoplay. I am sure next week Zidoo will fix the streaming trailers but I was able to pull the best quality ones from youtube, hd-trailers.net and i think apple trailers as well but i am not sure. It downloads them very quickly through the docker from what i saw on terminal. It uses the movie database from Radarr to get its que list. Going forward I can just rename them as I go, and will not have to do renaming batches but I am pleased to report, Local Trailers is amazing...Just took a little longer than I wanted. The only downside is I have to use media info when browsing from web to see what audio and video formats are present since I stripped all the fully functioning tags.

A small warning. Radarr does NOT like bdmv, iso and it doesnt handle duplicates too well, such as 3D/ 4K isos . It causes a conflict and you can either have one or the other in the database. I mainly am using it for trailers function. NOT what most use radarr for. which is agreggating usenet, bittorrent links as well. I only used it to collect trailers, which functioned well.

Trailers were sorely missed and now they are back baby! I am sure there are pay solutions that download trailers as well from tiny media manager etc, but I wanted to do it open source.

vddan and Markswift2003 like this.
  20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Nice of you to say that - it's much appreciated.

darkeyes909 likes this.