Home Theater 4 overview

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by 3DBuff, Sep 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Eldon Doucet

Eldon Doucet New Member

Hi. New user here (Z1000 Pro). Been reading this thread and one issue I can't figure out regarding TV series' extras. I'll use Big Bang Theory for an example.
    I setup a separate folder called extras and put all the files in there. I've named them:

The Big Bang Theory S00E07 (7#S1 Gag Reel)
    The Big Bang Theory S00E08 (8#Quantum Mechanics of The Big Bang Theory)
    etc. (I have 31 so far and creating more-all from the Bluray's)

I can get them all to show up in Season 0 beside Season 1 of all The Big Bang Posters. (I rematch with TVDB and use the only Big Bang Theory show that appears). But I can't get the titles of the extras to appear on the screen when I highlight the particular episode number. It shows the Episode numbers, but each Episode simply says: Episode 7, or 8 etc. I thought using the 7# and text following would put the text on the screen like it does with movies. But it doesn't seem to work with a TV series. Any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  2. richard southcott

richard southcott New Member

johnwoto. Where do you get the pics for the icons in pic like All 4K etc ?
    Like below
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  3. richard southcott

anyone know where i can get these icons?

4. richard southcott

McBluna a few movies in my collection havent got the rotten tomatoes rating , i added the rating manually in TMM but when i scrap it doesnt add it to the movie info is there another way to do it?

5. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hi - First have to find what icon you want not all are right so alterations have to be made for them to fit in the poster wall - think I started to Google 'Popcorn cinema png' - found different things - than depending on what you want use photoshop to cut and edit them up

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  6. richard southcott

Any chance you could upload them for me or download or mail them to me ?

7. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

8. richard southcott

9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

no problem - I made them when HT 4 first came out not sure how long ago that is

10. richard southcott

hi there i set up my library with Nfo from Tmm and when i click on the actor in the film the page is blank as i doing something wrong?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  11. KillKen

KillKen New Member

Did you find a fix for this? I think you for some reason have to play a bit of the movie for it to populate information like 4K, what audio it uses and also the actors information.

12. richard southcott

no when u use the nfo from TMM it doesnt scrape that info from the director or actors personal history
    when you dont use a nfo it scrapes all that personal history fine
    so i dont think TMM is linking the Actors bios on THEMOVIEDB anyone have any idea?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  13. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

I have a question regarding the trailer function with latest release of the Home Theater v4.2.08.
    Am I right that the trailer function (yt) still does not work at all? No matter which movie I select there are always "no trailer available". And no, I'm definitely not interested in "local trailers".

14. obb

obb New Member

Quick question , and I might be being thick here, but how do you get rid of in progress films from the main HT screen. And how do you reset the movie back to the beginning (thus removing the in progress thumbnail)

For the life of me I cant see how to do it.

TIA

15. obb

obb New Member

Ignore me, worked it out. Just need to flag as watched / unwatched to get rid of the bookmarks for the films in progress.

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I started this thread and poll about keeping HT poster wall showing full collection of movies all the time even if one of sources is disconnected or powered down. Kodi has it since beginning of time.
    Please cast you vote if you like the idea. We need volume to get attention to this important feature.

Click here to vote and voice your opinion.

17. latioboy

latioboy New Member

There is the function BORED MODE (see picture)

Find this great function, if you don't know which film you want to watch, then you just let the machine decide :-D
    Unfortunately, this feature also needs improvement, namely...!

If you use this function, all films are searched for, including those that have been viewed.

Attached Files:

18. Mu7e

Mu7e New Member

Hi

How can you guys see IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes ratings?
    I'm unable to see them, only TMDB ones appears in the movie info no matter what I choose in preferences.

19. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

I guess that you get that information only when you created the nfo-file yourself (with tmm for instance)
    Or/and select this option in the settings.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  20. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

What I would like to see with HT4 is the ability to sync what your watching across devices - this would only work if the media is coming from a NAS - Plex can do this I’m sure this can be done with an update to HT4