Alpha version v6.3.96 for Z9X release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 12, 2022.

1. puremind

puremind New Member

got to say, everything related to hdmi cec volume does work now.

what does not work now (but it worked with previous versions) is the power off feature. Powering off the Z9x does not power off the tv and amp. Not sure if others have same new issue.

i definitely prefer this issue than volume controls now working at all, but seems this is closer to what should be.

power on the Zidoo does power on the tv and amp. It sure why now it doesn’t happen as it should.

PhonerX likes this.
  2. Is there a debug log for trakt?
    Seeing a few oddities, and want to be able to report them:
    1. The progress indicator seems to stop at about 30% - I'm unsure if it's syncing in the background, or if it's crashed (meaning I can't confidently say if it failed to sync or not)
    2. Some shows where the watched status did sync, the last episode of a series still remained in the un-watched state
    3. How will it deal with multi episode files? Services like emby of jellyfin can deal with these fine (eg greatshow-S01E01-02.mkv), but as HT4 doesn't I imagine sync will be incomplete

3. vddan

vddan Active Member

Same for movies, they are not marked as seen on trakt!
    The episodes of series they are marked but pose problem in HT!

4. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

I have found Trakt to be very unreliable. I've given up on it & use Jellyfin exclusively now. Jellyfin syncs playback between all my devices perfectly & practically instantaneously. It even correctly adds watched/resume flags in ZDMC when using the external player.

5. I made some progress on this. Seems if you use different metadata providers, trakt doesn't sync.
    My emby and jellyfin used TVDB to pull show metadata, while the Z9X was using TMDB and TVDB. Re-matching un-synced shows with TVDB seems to resolve this.

I STILL have the issue with the last episode of each series being marked as unwatched though.
    And still unclear how the Z9X will deal with multi episode files

6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Solved.

7. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you, so I'm not alone ................ For Jellyfin we can install it with an APK?

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

Ah! Mirror Dish Solved ....... a new HT maj?

9. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Next version.

dr4go likes this.
  10. vddan

vddan Active Member

OK........HT ou complet ?

11. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

I second this, exactly the same issue with a Sony soundbar. HDMI volume control now finally works, but powering of Zidoo, does not switch off the soundbar.

puremind likes this.
  12. puremind

puremind New Member

Looks firmware is almost there now

if we could recover proper power off of amp when powering off Zidoo, we would be all set with hdmi cec.

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

And a G version?

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

See the first post - Alpha versions are only released to test particular features individually - in this case, CEC and Trakt.

Once an open beta is released it will of course be followed by a G version and ported to the other players.

dr4go and blenky like this.
  15. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I had to log out from trakt on the Zidoo as it didn't sync back to trakt at all, now playing didn't work anymore. After logging back it, It now showed The Expendables 2 as watched.

16. vddan

vddan Active Member

I had to do the same thing (reconnect) and since the air follow-up more reliable and the movies appear!
    The episodes of series: it's always 'brothel' in HT!

17. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

Can we have a G version to test?

18. John7

John7 New Member

Thanks Zidoo! HDMI CEC is now FIXED for me with my setup (Pioneer receiver and LG B7 OLED)!
    Now, the Z9X does not interefere with communications between the receiver and TV (NOT curable by using an HDMI blocker). Not concerned about the Zidoo not swtiching off the TV (I haven't tried this as yet) as I don't use/need that feature. I just need the receiver to switch on and off with the TV (with the Z9X in standby), which it does now. I've had this problem since getting the Z9X and it is now fixed and how it used to be with the X9s I had previously.

19. Dimasi

Dimasi New Member

With this version the trailers are not playing ...

20. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Literally, the first sentence of the first post of this thread.

xskip and Markswift2003 like this.