Alpha version v6.3.96 for Z9X release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Thanks for the trakt support ! It seems to work well for me.
    Will it also sync past "seen" status to Trakt in the final release, or is this a limitation that will be carried over ?

Also, for the CEC, it fixes my issue : now, when my TV is on the Zidoo HDMI ext, it boots up the Zidoo like it used (and is supposed to). It was broken with the latest beta release, this alpha restores the proper behaviour. I also can see the CEC scenarios are more numerous than before, that's great !

As for those not understanding the point of Trakt, in my case it has two uses : first, I can share with my friends my viewing history, which can hopefully inspire them, give them ideas of what to watch. It also helps my memory because sometimes I forget the name of a movie I watched recently, or forget also if I watched it a year ago (and forgot about it because it was forgettable) or more (and forgot about it because it's normal after years). It will also contribute in enhancing the history log of viewed content of the Zidoo, which currently only shows a handle of movies / series, not really going back a lot. With Trakt, it could go years back, and to me that's a useful function.

Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.
  2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

follow up on the CEC synching

Seems to be working well
    can swap all around on my denon 3700H now move to tv youtube back to Z9X over to other hdmi things and back and not losing HDMI synch at all now

very stable alpha for all my use thanks now add back google play :p

AngryVirginian likes this.
  3. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Not for me, unfortunately.
    I switched from Trakt to a central MySQL database a few years ago, & now I remember why. I was having issues with playback sync between my devices & disappointingly, that's still the case (for me at least). I even tried setting up a new Trakt account, but it's made no difference. My 2 Kodi devices & Z9X-HT are all miss-matched when it comes to playback sync. It's likely a problem at my end, but after several hours of troubleshooting, I've given up. Not worth the time & stress.
    It's a shame. I had high hopes for the addition of Trakt to HT. :(

vddan likes this.
  4. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Aha, so Trakt is the same like letterbox I'm already using? But it is syncing with the zidoo?
    OK that's kind a cool thing

5. gladiator

gladiator Member

hi , is there chance that will be google version also ?

6. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Is that what knows? Because if that's all the essence of the Trakt is, it's not really worth much ....

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

+1

8. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

No it's not all, but for some people it is worth it.
    You might be surprised if you consider your use to be either standard or superior, there are as many uses as their are users, everybody has its ways with tools.
    People keep complaining about trailers, I don't get it because I'd never watch a trailer of a movie in my collection, since I already got the movie, the trailer will only spoil it.
    Yet, for some people this is relevant and that's great they have access to this function.

Same goes for trakt, some people probably don't have friends to share their movie history with, don't care about their movie history and personal ratings, don't need to sync their watched status between setups.
    Yet, some do, and trakt is a very good tool for that, and we should be glad they have access to this function.

There might be other functions for trakt I'm not familiar with.
    I've been missing the ability to view and share my viewing history, I used to do this with Plex many years ago, and it was very useful for my use case. Actually, if Trakt was available on my previous Zappiti player and on my Z9X when I replaced my Zappiti with it, it would have synced my watched history, which would have saved soooo much time. With the Zidoo, I had to manually mark as watched hundreds of movies, that's not ideal (and it introduces errors and you lose the last viewed date).

I don't know how far Trakt support will go, but if ratings are supported, that'd be great :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.
  9. puremind

puremind New Member

After playing around with settings, finally, Volume controls now responsive with Denon 3500 and OLED LG B6.
    Power on and off has always worked well.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  10. martolk

martolk New Member

Finally great working CEC function! Thank you! I hope so other issues will be fixed soon.

11. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

12. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

ht is adding shows to trakt that are not in my library. Really weird movies and shows that I've never heard of. Also, the explanation for the ht trakt options is not very clear.

vddan likes this.
  13. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

When I set it so that it syncs the Trakt watched status back to HT it makes almost all my TV shows as marked although they are not marked as such on Trakt. Manually marking them unwatched in HT only keeps them unwatched for a short period, until the next sync with Trakt.

dwalme and vddan like this.
  14. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Try the new HT4.0 version.
    15 April update:
    Solved the IMDB and Rottentomatoes and Trakt TV shows watched issues,please install this HT4.0 version(Notice:It must be based on v6.3.96 firmware)
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zidoo_poster_RTD1619_v4.1.93.apk

dr4go, dwalme, McBluna and 3 others like this.
  15. Sledgehamma

That was lightning fast! Thanks a lot :)
    Will test and report back.

16. Sledgehamma

Issue is fixed :)

Two other issues I found:
    • When I stop playback on the Zidoo it still shows as playing on trakt like this:
    [​IMG]
    • I tried to mark an episode or TV show as marked on trakt and then sync on Zidoo but it doesn't show it as marked. Tried the same with a movie, same result.

vddan likes this.
  17. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

The status will be refreshed in 1 minute。
    If there have a playback record, It will take precedence even marked as watched on trakt.
    Unless marked it on HT.

Sledgehamma likes this.
  18. vddan

vddan Active Member

I just installed the new APK HT4 and always the problem on the series started!
    For example a series makes 8 episodes and I stop at the second .......... when I come back on my file the second the number is white (OK) but the gray cursor and the yellow number are on The 8th episodes ???
    So not very normal!

19. Sledgehamma

I waited a few minutes and its still showing. In fact I'm watching a TV show right now but trakt is still showing Godfather as playing.
    Sorry, I dont understand :(

What happens for me:
    Zidoo: The Expendables 2 (2012) is unwatched.
    Trakt: Unwatched as well, so I mark it as watched.
    Zidoo: Inside HT go to settings > Trakt > Sync. But The Expendables 2 (2012) is still unwatched.

Am I doing something wrong?

20. vddan

vddan Active Member

In fact in the TRAKT settings there are 4 possibilities to check the box!
    I checked the first two ...... I have good?