Updating Firmware

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Johnsp, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Johnsp

Johnsp New Member

I presently have Version v2.1.28. When I attempt to do a "Online update" I get a "Your software is up to date" response. Why does it not want to do an update? Is the only way through "USB update"?

2. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Zidoo doen't always put the new firmware online for "Online Update" you need to do it through USB update. The latest one is version 2.1.42. For this version the settings icon is missing but you can still go through the main settings through the quick Settings, you also need to know that if you update to version 2.1.42, you can't go back to version 2.1.40 or below, but you can go from 2.1.28 > 2.1.36 > 2.1.40 > 2.142. Keep that in mind.

For the X10 firmware it's here:
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/xqwZ8QMj6ZVKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

To update ZDMC or other APK it's here:
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html

videobruce likes this.
  3. Johnsp

Johnsp New Member

Thanks for a excellent reply.

4. varadero xl1000v

varadero xl1000v New Member

Please, try to update Zidoo x 10 with the latest firmware version but it does not get it. Are the steps I have to follow in order to do the installation written somewhere in the forum?

I put the update on me. memory stick, and I have also downloaded the update to the device, but the problem is that I can not install it on the device ..

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Download the update but do not extract.

Copy the zip file to a USB and plug into the Zidoo.

From main screen select "About" then "Update" (or choose Update in Apps).

Select USB update and follow instructions.

varadero xl1000v likes this.
  6. varadero xl1000v

Good morning, and thank you very much for the reply. Is it meant not to decompress the file?

Copy to usb stick as is?

7. Markswift2003

Yes - just copy as is, do not decompress.

8. varadero xl1000v

Thank you very much again. Everything is OK!:)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Excellent! :)