Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you connect the TV directly to the Zidoo and save the TV's EDID and post here..

2. Alcopoppa

Alcopoppa New Member

Thank you. Here it is. So it must be the AV receiver as this isn't DV or HDR compatible?

If I select DV VS10 in HDR settings so that force it?

Thank you again for replying so quickly, much appreciated.

Attached Files:

3. Alcopoppa

Alcopoppa New Member

Hi. Rather embarrassingly I had the HDMI the wrong way around, so now the correct hdmi is directly into the Zidoo. Although I had paid someone to install it so maybe not my fault!

I now have a new problem though. A Dune MKV file that previously played well in 4k but not HDR DV is now stuttering. I've tried fixing the frames rate and all the frame rate options. The Dune file is saved on the internal HDD.

I'm using all of your recommended settings Mark.

Thanks

4. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

@Markswift2003, with HDFury and your settings from post #1, is there a way to let just 3D pass-through as is?

5. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

That is not what Mark was looking for! He meant for you to actually save the EDID file using the Zidoo menu option and then attaching that file in your post. You may have to rename the extension on the file to " .txt"

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. Alcopoppa

Alcopoppa New Member

Ah OK sorry I'm not very tech savvy really. I'll try and do that. Any idea on the stuttering?

7. Markswift2003

Not really sure what you mean - a 3D video signal is a 3D video signal so an HDFury device shouldn't be needed.

8. hdmkv

I mean as I already have HDFury in the chain, how do I ensure for 3D movies, it's letting the signal passthrough as is? In Zidoo's HDR Settings, would I need to switch to 'Auto' before playing 3D, then set it back to LLDV for everything else?

I haven't tried playing a 3D movie since getting my HDFury, so guess I could give it a go with your settings and see if 3D still works (or whether it plays as 2D w/VS10 engine applied).

9. Robo111

Robo111 New Member

No, if your receiver can't pass through HDR, nothing your set in zidoo will force it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  10. Markswift2003

I never use 3D but I'd set HDR to Auto as you say, or try VS10 Engine for DV, HDR and SDR which should allow you to play all 2D in LLDV automatically and 3D should pass through as is.

hdmkv likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

If you can send the EDID (Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID) I should be able to see what's going on.

Also, what Receiver is it and how are the Zidoo, TV and Receiver connected - ie what's connected to what.

12. ant0n

ant0n New Member

Hello. Please help me! Dont understand why image so dark on my LG C1. All content too dark no matter what it is HDR, DV, SDR

13. hdmkv

Have you tried another source device besides Zidoo?

14. ant0n

ant0n New Member

Yes, thats why i asking. TiVo Stream for example have no such issues Zidoo have such issue with both my oled tv LG CX and LG C1

15. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

What is the HDMI range on the Zidoo set to? 16-235 or 0-255?

16. Alcopoppa

Alcopoppa New Member

Thank you, and sorry for the delay in replying, I have been away with work.

I'm aware that this is probably really stupid of me but I've tried attaching the EDID, which has saved as a filed called edid.bin, but the site won't let me, adn sayd "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension"

Any ideas?

thank you

17. Markswift2003

Change the file from edid.bin to edid.txt and the forum will allow upload...

Alcopoppa likes this.
  18. ant0n

ant0n New Member

16-235

19. Alcopoppa

Alcopoppa New Member

Thankyou, here it is.

Any ideas on why Dune would stutter, adn what settings I Should use?

Thank you again for all of your help.

Attached Files:

20. Markswift2003

Cool - got it.

So I loaded into my Zidoo which means my box will react exactly the same as yours and it works fine - Can you remind me what the problem is...

Dune stuttering? Probably the wrong forum to ask ;)