Beta version v6.3.75 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jan 22, 2022.

1. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I had a lot of issues with the connection between Zidoo's Samba share and Windows 10 PC. No issue whatsoever when mapping the Samba share to a Synology NAS.

How are you connecting to the Samba share? Windows, MAC, etc?

2. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I am mounting the share in Unraid using the unassigned devices + plugin. It then creates a mount point that can be passed through to a docker container. I have had good consistent connectivity using this method before, but it was mounting an SMB share from a Windows 10 PC. The Zidoo samba has not been as consistent, I have to frequently re-mount the share. Often times it won't remount until I reboot the Zidoo.

This thread talks about Zidoo's samba implementation Is the Samba Server implementation on Z9X buggy? | Zidoo forum and mentions installing a different Samba server, but I was wondering if there was any background config settings that can be used (different SMB versions, etc.) that might help the existing server.

3. MVu

MVu New Member

I ran the command line on a 75GB movie. It took 1 hr on my GTX 1070 card. Output is a 23GB file....but I have no audio!
    What's wrong with my run?

C:\Apps\StaxRip-v2.10.0-x64\Apps\Encoders\NVEnc\NVEncC64.exe --avhw --vbr 25000 --codec h265 --preset quality --output-depth 10 --level 5.1 --qp-init 1 --max-bitrate 40000 --aq --ref 4 --lookahead 24 --colormatrix bt2020nc --colorprim bt2020 --transfer smpte2084 --output-buf 128 --mv-precision q-pel --cabac -i "G:\Movies\movie1.mkv" -o "D:\temp\video\movies1_nvenc.mkv"

I used StaxRip GUI to generate the cmd line.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You must not have selected the audio track in the container options:

upload_2022-2-2_22-28-5.png

5. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

I don't see any movies listed in Watching since switching over to the latest beta firmware, even though I have watched a different movie pretty much every night. I do have bookmarks on. Anyone else having similar issues or just me?

6. Markswift2003

When you say you've watched a different movie every night did you watch to the end, ie past the bookmarks end time? In which case the movies won't be in "Watching", they'll be marked as "Watched".

"Watching" does have an expiration time although I'm not sure what it is.

7. ragico

ragico Member

Sorry if this as already been answered.
    What kind of remote is given with this Zidoo? Ir or bluetooth?
    And if it is IR could be possible to add/replace the remote with a bluetooth one? And whch one will work with this zidoo?
    Thanks for help

8. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Hi everybody!!! Please do not throw tomatoes if I wrote not in this topic. I am considering buying a Western Digital 14Tb WUH721414ALE6L4 will it fit the 3000 model ZIDOO UHD 3000?

9. MVu

MVu New Member

Thanks!

10. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

Good point. In most cases, I end up going until just about credits but in some cases I will watch a few scenes from one movie, then pop over to another and I still don't see any of them show up in 'watching' the next time I go in to the interface. I don't know if it's something I did or something that's not working, but that's what I have been experiencing with the .75 firmware.

11. Markswift2003

Make sure that Bookmark Start Time is set sensibly as well - I have Bookmark Start set to 1min and Bookmark End to 3mins.

12. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

Thanks. I have it set to Bookmark Start at 1 minute and Bookmark End at 4 minutes.

13. Markswift2003

Other than that, no issues here with items showing as "Watching" with .75

14. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

Any other settings besides Bookmarks that control this behavior? I also noticed before when watching movies and stopping at a certain scene, then coming back the next day, that it didn't save the point where I left it and it just started new, from the beginning, like I had never watched that file before.

15. Markswift2003

Not that I'm aware of - it's just the bookmark times.

16. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I encountered problems since day one also with .sub .idx files in the native player. That it can be done without problems shows us Kodi/ZDMC. I noticed that also reseizing may happen, what I still cannot understand is the problem the native player has with them..............

17. Markswift2003

Must be 15 years since I've seen SUB/IDX files so I've never tried on these players.

18. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

If you mux them into a MKV file they work just fine on the UHD3000.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

I join the request

20. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

me as well and yes there could be a prompt if we really want to delete all the files in that folder Y/N ;-)