Beta version v6.3.75 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Joe C

Joe C Member

FFS….

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'll give you a hint - it's not in Audio setup.

3. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Thank you.:(

4. Joe C

Joe C Member

It’s in the network tab

5. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Is this for the green/yellow blinking light in the back?

6. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Thank you saw. But now in the settings menu there is another menu item that is not translated into my language.
    Not to eat well. It's a useless option in my opinion.

7. cappy1

cappy1 Member

8. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I don't see this setting on my Z9X but the screenshot has been posted on facebook

upload_2022-1-26_7-3-49.png

9. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

did you shut down your Z9X and flip the power off from the switch at the back of the box. Wait 2 min then power it on? That is the only way possible that the setting wouldn't be there is if you had not done that first. Assuming you're on the latest firmware

10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

To update the information:
    The internet connection is via antenna where NAS is installed. Then my router receive a signal speed of 25MB Up/Dwn. My Zappiti and Win10 & 11 desktops are working fine while playing back these movies (mkv 4...16 GB). ZP & Win11 playback smoothly but Z9X with multiple stops or stuttering as best.

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Besides Nicholas Hewitt's suggestion, maybe you have earlier installed another version of the Mediaplayer settings app?
    If so, you'll have to uninstall it, or do a factory reset, in order to let FW's native settings take over.

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Switch off ethernet lights. It is useless. The one person that wants that can use a piece of tape for that. It is at the back!
    Too many settings is not good either.

darkeyes909 and vddan like this.
  13. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I've had to do a factory reset to get the new settings

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's a bit odd!

15. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I have had at least two same occasions. Where I had translations-test versions of QS and HT installed earlier.
    After FW upgrade, I had to factory reset to make latest FW options take over. I also learned that uninstallling these apps did the same.
    So yes, it's odd. Of course one would expect FW's own settings kicking in after upgrade.

[EDIT] Addendum: Of course McBluna didn't confirm whether another version of the QS app actually was/was not installed in his case; only that a factory reset did the job.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  16. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Completely agree with the author of this post. Useless and unnecessary option. There are higher priority tasks to fix and improve functionality.

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes we need less focus and attention on trivial stuff and more on the basic functions as I have already said in a previous post

boxerfan and Mentor27 like this.
  18. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

You internet speed has no relevance except if you are streaming the files from outside your network. It sounds like either (1) the ethernet port on your Zidoo is broken, (2) the switch is somehow negotiating at 100mbps, and/or (3) WiFi is on and Zidoo is using WiFi instead of ethernet. Are the files you are playing custom encode or straight remux from disc?

19. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

What you consider basic might be considered as trivial by someone else (typically for me when I see all the posts about trailers it always reminds me how we all have a different way to use our Zidoo and enjoy our movies).
    Using tape for something that can be easily solved by software is not a good thing in my opinion, and I'm sure there are ways this light can be annoying (I wish I could switch them off on my router haha).

And about Ethernet playing, I can properly play full UHD DV discs from my NAS (QNAP) on my Z9X. I don't know what's the problem in your setup but it's supposed to work.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  20. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

The "issue" with the LED on the Ethernet socket was raised only a few days ago and has already been implemented.
    The RTD 1619DR series has been in production for 1.5 years and some bugs are still not fixed.
    Priorities have to be set!

Blue Stinger and rozel like this.