Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

They are very large files and I don't know how to share them ..... cmq they are mkv with flac tracks inside together with dts-hd, ac3 etc .... playing them on the tv what does it do? It is the Zidoo connected to the Yamaha preamp that does not start at all, the time remains at zero, so what changes if I play them directly on the TV?
    Anyway I want to say that I come from Z9S and I have NEVER had problems with anything, with Z9X I am having several problems, these mkv with flac that do not go, often 4k files with Dolby Vision stop etc ...

2. 56k

56k Member

3. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

---------------------------------------Tried everything to get dtshd to play 7.1 like it did with the last firmware, but its still only playing in 5.1. When i bring up the audio menu the only option is dts 5.1 though the track is dtshd 7.1. I do not have the switch in the settings menu to play only the core dts 5.1 on. It is off so I'm not sure why the only option is 5.1 now.... @Markswift2003 @mirror

4. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I have Z1000Pro and use old good IR, have no problems. Remote control reacts immediately and does everything.

5. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi, I tried several DTS-HD MA 7.1 tracks and everything works good on my side. They are output in 7.1 and "info" shows them as "DTS-HD 7.1". I also tried the first Harry Potter which is actually DTS:X in 4K and also in this case, all good. To be sure I also disabled "objects metadata" decoding from my Yamaha processor and the track was successfully decoded and output in DTS-HD MA 7.1.

6. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Checked my "47 Ronin" scraping and I have Director and Cast informations as usual

7. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I don't have movies with FLAC tracks so I just downloaded one to test (Danger Diabolik). This file has one FLAC 2.0 track (48 kHz / 16 bit) and a couple of AAC 2.0 tracks. All of them play fine with my unit.

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

Are we going to have an update this week that gives us readable trailers!!!!

9. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

@Nejiro, is the issue with 5.1 channel (or more) FLAC files? Both I and @giangi76 confirmed that we don't have issue with stereo FLAC tracks in MKV.

10. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

@AngryVirginian
    Maybe I think I understand the problem, I do the flac tracks and I have always used Audacity, lately I have used ffmpeg via the command line on Ubuntu, those made with ffmpeg (which on the pc with all the players I have no problems to reproduce) do not they are read by the zidoo, I redid the flac tracks using audacity instead of ffmpeg and now the zidoo plays these mkvs with flac ...... The only difference I see if I use mediainfo is in the library, the flacs made with audacity give this result libFLAC 1.3.3 (UTC 2019-08-04) while those made with ffmpeg this Lavf58.29.100 so the zidoo does not digest the flac traces made with ffmpeg .......

11. Nicholas Hewitt

Did you clear match and rescrape? If you didn't it wouldn't solve anything seeing as I scraped it fore the first time on this firmware. Thanks!

12. Nicholas Hewitt

All I can say is they work on my end like they did last firmware. different audio setups will have different results so unless you have my exact setup then you can't really test it. Funny it stopped working this firmware after they tweaked and added dts settings.....

13. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi, to be honest no! I regularly do a backup of the scraping so I don't have to go all the way through with the process every time I may need to reset for some reason.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  14. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

This is funny. You first say there's a problem, then once someone tells you that the issue doesn't come up as you describe it, then it becomes a question of exact setup? :rolleyes: Well, then let me tell you that I also have an LG Atmos soundbar in another room (totally different setup, do you agree?) and DTS-HD MA 7.1 is output correctly there too :p What output setting did you select on the Zidoo? Because I always select "RAW" just to be sure it does a bitstream passthrough ;)

15. Trond H. Bergli

Trond H. Bergli New Member

Didn't help. I've volume set to direct/Max. Still the same problem. Converted LPCM to DTS-HD Master with DVDfab and problem fixed.

16. Nicholas Hewitt

I wouldn't use the max volume setting in the settings cause it does not work properly. I set it to on so it would be maxed volume all the time and it set it to half volume all the time and was stuck like that till I turned it off and set pressed the voulme up all the way to get it back to max volume...... it might work for some but did not work for me.

17. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

With version 6.3.66, the trailers stops from time to time. Is this known?
    With V 6.3.60 it was always played without stops.

18. vddan

vddan Active Member

I dreamed or not! yesterday I saw and downloaded a Maj. 6.3.70, and it disappeared again!!!
    Have little to have news!
    thanks in advance

19. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

This is from McBluna's site.

A may be leaked firmware v6.3.70(_G) has been posted from someone unknown on the Zidoo forum. The post has been deleted by the admins. It is really NOT recommended to install v6.3.70(_G) on your Z9X because it has a couple of instabilities.
    The Developers are working hard on a new version.

20. vddan

vddan Active Member

Merci ......... j'espère qu'ils renommeront la prochaine étape en 0.71, car j'aurai des problèmes !!