UHD 3000 Black Screen after initial boot

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Adrian Girling, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Adrian Girling

Adrian Girling New Member

Hi

I’ve been enjoying my new UHD3000 for a couple of week now (apart from the incredibly noisy fan, which can be heard while watching a movie from 10ft away!). However, I’ve come to use the unit today and after the initial Zidoo logo and the Ultra 4K flash screen, the screen just goes to black, not showing the usual menus for movies, music etc. I’ve no idea why this isn’t working?

if I access the unit via the app, I can see my movies etc on the app and start one playing, which works fine, but I cannot see the menu on the tv to begin a movie or carry out any other activity? This has literally started happening today. I hope it’s resolvable because it’s an £800 unit, and so far I’ve been very impressed.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

Adrian

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

My guess is that for some reason the GUI has switched into a resolution or screen mode that your TV/amp/cables won't accept but when you play a movie that changes..

Try going into System Settings in the app and set resolution to say 1080p 60Hz.

pcristi likes this.
  3. Adrian Girling

Adrian Girling New Member

Thanks Mark

i wondered if that might be the case. I’ll take a look and hopefully resolve it.

cheers

Adrian