Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. dp95zd

dp95zd New Member

Hi, I have a question about "Zidoo controller app" 1.9.3. Last week I downloaded and installed it successfully onto my Android phone to control my new Z9X. It's nice I love it. Now I just wanted to install to another phone but no go: "Unknown Error. Unable to connect to this device. Error code 6 ...." Then I did tried to other couple phones: No connection. Did I do something not right? I even used the downloaded "apk", too. Thank you.

2. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I have it installed on 2 android devices, and both work.
    They are connected to the same network on WiFi (4G offcourse does not work)
    But you can just connect 1 device at a time

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    dp95zd likes this.
  3. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Is there an issue with some local trailers ripped from discs? I noticed that these two trailers in the link below which I made from disc did not play automatically in the upper right hand-side of the movie detail page. They also did not play when clicking the trailer button on the movie detail page. They played fine with Media Explorer. I have a Z10 Pro.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AggmFPyB7ZTomLd4Q3na8I_Wwt6EDQ?e=e11h3t

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Trailers use NuPlayer rather than the Zidoo player - this is the player used for online playback.

So the first thing to note is that it seems PCM is not supported in NuPlayer as the Paddington trailer just produces hiss for audio and playback is jerky, whilst as you say, playback is fine withe the Zidoo player through Media Center.

The Up in the Air trailer works fine - that has an ac3 soundtrack.

So both will play automatically and in the window, but only Up in the Air works properly because of the audio track.

Not sure why they didn't play for you - filenames not matching movie filename properly maybe?

5. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

What difference am I expected to see if I get Vertex2 and project me Dolby Vision movies on LLDV to HDR capable projector as HDR compare to do HDR Mapping on Zidoo and project everything as HDR including Dobly Vision.

6. dp95zd

dp95zd New Member

Thank you for the hints. Finally every phone is connected. I used wired ethernet for the device. The problem is I used WiFi "for Guest" on the unable connected phones.

7. AngryVirginian

Thanks Mark. The second trailer plays now. Do you know any program that can convert PCM to AC3 and will preserve the PQ?

8. AngryVirginian

Answering my question. This site seems to work well. https://video-converter.com/

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. Trond H. Bergli

Trond H. Bergli New Member

Have problems playing LPCM 5.1. Only bass in surround left speaker. Never noticed this before. Have Z1000PRO.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

try volume control on remote to max pcm audio seems to need that

11. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Wow! so many people are so nitpicky and lazy........ Waaaaah I don't want to use 2 remotes blah blah........ First-world problems!

12. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I know You! You are djpundro

Djdragon likes this.
  13. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

That is not the point here. If something is broken or non-functioning, it should be reported and hopefully it will be repaired.

puremind likes this.
  14. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Excellent ! Congratulations!:) But until now it was never a secret. Am I the same person here on Zidoo back then still registered under djdragon. Huh, I love Italo Disco too. Patrick Cowley, Fancy, Mikee Mareen, great!

;)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  15. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

However, even if no one listens to me I keep reporting that I have problems with several mkv files with flac audio tracks inside, before I thought that they were only 96hz flacs while yesterday mkv with 48hz flac did not work, I hope someone from Zidoo reads and fix the problem with the next update ....
    Thank you

16. AngryVirginian

I have several MKV files with 48khz sample rate in FLAC. They all work fine through my Denon receiver. @Nejiro, can you share the file or create a clip from the file and then share? Also, what are your audio gears? Are you trying to use the TV speakers?

17. Ovidiu Ogrean

Ovidiu Ogrean New Member

Hi guys, i’ve messed around with Settings/Colour settings (Priority YUV 420, 444, 422 etc) and I don’t remember the default values. Can you please tell me the values that came from the factory for the first 3 lines (4K 50-60, 4K 23-30 and non 4K) before I use the Factory Reset option. Thank you.

18. Nicholas Hewitt

I was watching harry potter and noticed that it was outputting DTS 5.1 instead of the usual 7.1. Says 8 channels in media info, but plays only 5.1.
    Also Why does Every wrong match for my movies gets automatically matched to the same few WWF Wrestling Videos instead of what they are supposed to be..... In China, do they think we all watch WWF? Weird how 2 movies with 2 totally different names and years got matched to the same WWF event.

Lastly, some movies have blank Director and Cast on the video page Like the movie 47 ronin. I've tried clearing match and rematching it, but to no avail.

Temearoo and Ovidiu Ogrean like this.
  19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Exactly what I experienced with this firmware. New french users were complaining about the scrape accuracy so I gave a try with this firmware to see by myself. No unmatched videos anymore (usualy I had a few, even if my titles are exactly the same as TMDb, including release date in brackets) but more wrong match and a whole collection of WWF Wresting videos, sometimes with 2 completly different movies merged for the same reference. o_O lol

On the other hand, some movies that used to match with previous firmwares, don't match anymore.

20. Nicholas Hewitt

Glad I'm not the only one. Seems a lot of matches that have an " ' " in it like " 's" get matched wrong. Also Movies with numbers in the title.