Feature requests for HT4.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Temearoo, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

We've had conversations about this - I'm absolutely not saying it will happen, but it's on the table.

Purple, dr4go and Yohmi like this.
  2. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

That’s a start! :)

3. InNursery

InNursery New Member

Add automatically play the next episode of a TV show like Netflix does.

4. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Can you explain it? Do you want the pop up like Netflix?
    Right now you can just skip chapter at the end of the episode and in case you are at the last chapter (which you are in 99% of cases) the next episode will be played automatically.

5. InNursery

InNursery New Member

Yes sometime like that, with a delay before auto starting the next episode without having to jump next next chapter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Could we have the ability to disable the creation of collections for Movies, when scrapping? I realize that Zidoo is leveraging collections for multi-season TV shows, and that makes sense. But for Movies I don't like rolling up my movies into collections, I like to see them all available in the Posterwall.

It can be pretty tedious having to go through a large movie library and "disband" each collection manually. I have also seen a collection created when you have 2 versions of the same movie (720p and 4k) rather than collapse the two into movie with A/B versions you can play.

7. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Aspect ratio tags? I saw a thread from almost two years ago with someone asking for this. It should be relatively easy to implement.

lawdawg likes this.
  8. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Aspect ratio is not in MediaInfo, I think. All my MKVs reported 3840 x 2160 regardless of the content aspect ratio (21:9, 16:9, 4:3, etc). So, the info will have to come from TMDB/TVDB.

9. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

So how do all the other media suites like Kodi, Plex, etc do it?

10. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

In the case of Plex, the aspect ratio of a movie is determined through “media analysis.” https://support.plex.tv/articles/200289336-analyze-media/

Odds are very high that plex is using FFmpeg to detect the aspect ratio, it’s what a lot of media managers use.

But in many cases what is determined to be the aspect ratio of the file does not equal the theatrical aspect ratio of the movie. Many times a 2.35:1 movie is reported as 1.78.

IMO it would be best if a scraper could info from IMDB https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154796/technical?ref_=tt_spec_sm

It might list multiple, but I’d rather see that than something interpolated from the file.

11. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

I'm with you lawdawg, if they can scrape the aspect ratio info from IMDB that would be fantastic!

lawdawg likes this.
  12. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Will need same intelligent algorithm to know what to choose if imdb Aspect Ratio are report like this:
    1.78 : 1
    1.85 : 1 (IMAX)
    16 : 9 (Full Frame)
    2.39 : 1 (theatrical ratio)

m0j0 and Markswift2003 like this.
  13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I noticed that trailers toped working again on latest HT .65.

1. Maybe Zidoo can implement personal YouTube account setting for trailers. It looks like YouTube is locking out Home Theater app from accessing trailers.

2. My second request is to keep movie database alive when one of the NAS systems is down. There should be an option on each source to keep database alive when drive is disconnected.

14. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Though many cant understand that Auto Trailers are not working or the big deal about it .
    Its a function that should .

On older Z10 model it works no issues
    So a software glitch it seems .

15. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@3DBuff
    Google add more restriction for YouTube API on end of December 2021, then many YouTube workaround stop working.
    Let's hope Zidoo Team will get a new way to access YouTube trailers on HT 4.0
    Enjoy media collection on Zidoo players.

16. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Trailers are not supposed to come from IMDb?

17. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Temearoo
    Is was community request to add back YouTube trailers because foreign languages support, then Zidoo did on FW v6.3.60

18. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

And guess what..............Since then it all went south :(
    Please bring it back to the v6.3.50 situation.

And those who want their own language, can use local trailers

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Something (foreign languages) that still works on the older players as far as I know, and that worked on this generation not so long ago.

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I agree with @pcristi. Trailers stop working afer a while is something on YouTube (Google) side. Once the HT version becomes popular with high number on installations YouTube will see increased number of video requests from this app. Since there are no adds and no user account information Google has no benefit or a reason to let that happen. It's possible that some older HT versions or installation on older players are still working as not too many people are using it and demand on videos is low.

Similar issue was observed few years back with Kodi. Trailers stopped working for no reason. Someone posted a workaround back then where you could insert encryption keys from your own Google account. It was from Google developer site and quite a few steps to follow but it did work at the end. Zidoo could build a similar solution where you need to use your own Google account for trailers content. It's easy enough to create new account for Zidoo device to use it for trailers and Google play store and keep it separate from your email and stuff.

@Mabon as far as local trailer it is a great option if your collection is small less than 100 titles. Once you are above 200 or more it becomes unmanageable in terms of manual adjustments to posters, collections and trailers. I have local trailers for my selected movies where automatic trailer was bad (low quality) or just wrong (interview with the director). I also have downloaded trailers in 2 different locations to allow those high quality to play using Zidoo main player full screen, proper framerate without stutter. It's OK for the selected movies but I need auto trailers for the rest of my collection. Posters, artwork and trailers is what makes a good media player. If all you need is to play a movie you could probably insert USB stick into the TV and selected it from the list of filenames.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022